Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #1

Newbie questions

Finally got the truck, RAM 2500 6.4 HEMI so not worried about pulling anymore ( i hope)
A few questions.......
we are looking at Jayco 27RL. Any one have some experience with this model and would love feedback either way.

30' TT.....are there limited places to camp with a 30' Or are they welcomed most places? Will always be looking for full hookups. No dry camping for us as far as we know or expect.

Will be traveling between 1 week and 3 months at a time. Reservations needed???
Thanks so much
rbos57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #2

Others will comment but I have 27' no slide jayco and only have a 1/2 ton 4.6 Tundra. While I'm not going up mountains regularly it does the job, so you should have a great TV (tow vehicle). For my 4p family the 27' is a great size. We don't spend lots of time inside, but if conditions force it we can all fit and kids can be in their bunk bed w/o them being spread all over everything in the kitchen converted bed as you get with smaller setups.

Bear in mind something I didn't know when I got my used trailer, the typical tires (ST) are only rated for 65mph.

Site reservations depends on when/where, just like when you are getting hotel. Beach camps, popular spots are tougher to get. By my limited experience in my area, sites are a mixed bag, some my combo barely fits in, others can hold a 35' rv towing a car and have room to spare. Good thing most places list space limitations.

This site has a great deal of info. Enjoy!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #3

If you're planning on full hookups and no dry camping, it sounds as if you'll be using RV parks, where length is seldom a concern.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbos57 View Post
snip...
we are looking at Jayco 27RL. Any one have some experience with this model and would love feedback either way.

We have the Jay Flight 27RLS. Is that the one you are looking at? We're very happy with it; except haven't used it as much as we'd like.. that will change before long! We like the length, 2 doors, windows at the ends of the slide out, skylight in the main room (Elite option), kitchen pantry & 4 drawers, and the storage in the bathroom area.

30' TT.....are there limited places to camp with a 30' Or are they welcomed most places? Will always be looking for full hookups. No dry camping for us as far as we know or expect.

We also like the 80 fresh water (Elite option), but we plan to dry camp regularly.
...snip
(my comments in bold)
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
(my comments in bold)
That's the one,27RLS. Looks nice to us. Just big enough and small enough at the same time. Any issues at all? Tires, electrical, plumbing or anything else. What is your TV?
rbos57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #6

If you want or need hook-ups I would definitely recommend reserving.
Where we camp (Alberta and BC) the powered sites fill up fast. If you don't have a reservation it is very unlikely that you will get hook-ups.

There are also a bunch of campsites around Banff, Alberta that are limited to 27' length trailers. Other than that area I have not seen length restrictions anywhere else. But they do exist.....

And Welcome!