Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #1

Newbie Questions for delivery walk through

Hi All,

As of yesterday the Family and I are proud new owners of a new 2017 Jay Flight 26BH! We are first time TT owners, but both the wife and I grew up tent camping and have camped regularly with our 8 and 10 year old boys. That being said, I am feeling like I better just record the entire 2 hour delivery walk through because I know I am going to forget something important. In all seriousness I already have a notebook set aside to write down as much as possible. Any suggestions on important questions for the tech? As a first time RV owner, what should be the most important thing I should understand after the walk through? Anything specific to Jayco products I should ask about?
Really looking forward to getting our trailer, been a long time coming now, just super nervous about screwing something up! First trip will be Memorial Day weekend (after a driveway camp out test) so almost game time

Thanks for your time,

Ryan, Tiffany, Brayden, Carson, Max & Buster
TravelinWrestlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #2

Before you sign anything, make sure you ck any slides, and any gasket is compressed to 50-25% and it is square on the slides if u have that.

There is plenty of CK list you can use on line that will help, and make them show u that everything works from heater to fridge to toilet.
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
Before you sign anything, make sure you ck any slides, and any gasket is compressed to 50-25% and it is square on the slides if u have that.

There is plenty of CK list you can use on line that will help, and make them show u that everything works from heater to fridge to toilet.
No slides in our unit, but thanks for the checklist idea. Going to research that and find a good one.
Cheers
Old 05-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

Have them prove to you that everything is functioning: Heater, air conditioner, fridge. Don't assume because a light turns on that it is actually working.

Also, get on the roof and make sure there are no holes or tears.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinWrestlers View Post
Hi All,

As of yesterday the Family and I are proud new owners of a new 2017 Jay Flight 26BH! We are first time TT owners, but both the wife and I grew up tent camping and have camped regularly with our 8 and 10 year old boys. That being said, I am feeling like I better just record the entire 2 hour delivery walk through because I know I am going to forget something important. In all seriousness I already have a notebook set aside to write down as much as possible. Any suggestions on important questions for the tech? As a first time RV owner, what should be the most important thing I should understand after the walk through? Anything specific to Jayco products I should ask about?
Really looking forward to getting our trailer, been a long time coming now, just super nervous about screwing something up! First trip will be Memorial Day weekend (after a driveway camp out test) so almost game time

Thanks for your time,

Ryan, Tiffany, Brayden, Carson, Max & Buster
In addition to all the electrical have them put the plumbing under water pressure in advance of your arrival so you can check for leaks including the out door shower if you have one.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #6

Agreed with all of the above advice. I'd worry more about if everything does work, as opposed to how everything works. This forum and google/YouTube will fill in any operational questions. But, you'll never have another time when you have the dealership and technicians undivided attention. Once you hook up and leave the lot it's a long wait to get anything fixed that was missed during walk through! Don't let them rush you, your spending a lot of money and YOU have to be comfortable and satisfied.

Once again, you'll never have them at your disposal on your terms again. Use this time wisely
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
In addition to all the electrical have them put the plumbing under water pressure in advance of your arrival so you can check for leaks including the out door shower if you have one.
Planned on this, but should I wait until I get there? I kind of want to hear the water pump spin up, build pressure, then hold without coming back on. I guess I could just listen for the water pump coming on after it is already under pressure indicating some problem.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Planned on this, but should I wait until I get there? I kind of want to hear the water pump spin up, build pressure, then hold without coming back on. I guess I could just listen for the water pump coming on after it is already under pressure indicating some problem.
Absolutely, have them put water in your Fresh Water tank and test the pump. Test the toilet and make sure seal is holding water. Make sure the kitchen sink and bathroom sink aren't leaking under the cabinets (mine were and I missed it because I never looked).
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
Site Team

You're on the right track, by taking notes. If the tech rushes through something, and you're not sure what he said, or did, ask him to repeat it. This is YOUR time with him. I tell my guys, there's No such thing as a dumb question, and I don't care if they ask the same one fifty times, as long as they get it. The more people that watch, and go through the PDI with you, the more chances someone may pick up on what you might have missed. Good luck, and have fun with it!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Check the roof too. If the rig doesn't include a ladder, ask for one. Make sure the diflex roofing was installed correctly. Look for bubbles, defects, etc... I'd also take a quick look at the lap sealant up there too.

EDIT: I see someone already mentioned checking the roof.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:09 AM   #11

Easy enough to check the pump spin up after you get there, even if it's been "charged" up before you get there. Just cut off the pump, and then open a faucet. Let what ever water is there run out. This relieves the pressure. Then close the faucet and turn on the pump again. You should hear it re-pressurize the system.

Quote:
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote