Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #1

Newbie-when to get our new 284BHS

My DW and I recently bought a bunkhouse. We are waiting till after the first of the year to officially pick it up due to MO tax laws. The question I have is if I really want to pick it up during this time or not or do I leave it at the dealer so they can worry about any winter issues. Not even sure they will allow me to do this so please help this newbie out!
Appreciate all of you in advance!
Dave the slave
Davetheslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #2

Issues off the top of my head aren't strictly winter issues, but winter makes them more challenging:
Where will you store the trailer once you take it off the lot?
When can you schedule a thorough (warm & dry) PDI at the dealer?
Does your dealer charge/have issues with your trailer staying on his lot?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetheslave View Post
My DW and I recently bought a bunkhouse. We are waiting till after the first of the year to officially pick it up due to MO tax laws. The question I have is if I really want to pick it up during this time or not or do I leave it at the dealer so they can worry about any winter issues. Not even sure they will allow me to do this so please help this newbie out!
Appreciate all of you in advance!
Dave the slave
If it's paid for I doubt they will worry about it anyway. We left deposit and completed sale later so the warranty didn't start until we actually picked it up. If it's not being used it didn't make sense to have warranty ticking.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
alwalk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #4

That’s exactly what we’ve done. Gave the deposit and waiting to do the inspection sometime next year. I would imagine we will inspect inside the multi-bay repair shop at the dealer. The dealer even wants us to stay at his park on site first to work out any bugs that come up initially. Thought that was a real good idea. We will store the R/V at a fenced in lot where I work. Nice perk.
Davetheslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetheslave View Post
That’s exactly what we’ve done. Gave the deposit and waiting to do the inspection sometime next year. I would imagine we will inspect inside the multi-bay repair shop at the dealer. The dealer even wants us to stay at his park on site first to work out any bugs that come up initially. Thought that was a real good idea. We will store the R/V at a fenced in lot where I work. Nice perk.
You should be good then if he only has deposit he should still be covering the insurance as you are not the owner yet. Don't let them skimp on the wall through we didn't know any better and didn't check the small things. Ended up with half empty propane tanks, led lights not working, and a few other issues that they never resolved.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
alwalk63 is offline   Reply With Quote