Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #1

Newbies!

Hi all!

We just bought our rig and will be having it delivered to James Island, SC campground by the dealership. Our Camp Host agreement goes until May 2018 so we will have plenty of time to research a towing vehicle, if at all. We will be moving it to our land on Edisto Island, SC after the assignment to live in it the last 6 months of the build, hopefully to be completed by the end of 2018!

Already planning modifications but how do we know how we can attach an awning, drill a hole to attach garage doors, etc? Is there a build schematic that shows stud placement, electrical placement, plumbing? And I bet doing some mods will void warranty?

Also would love to hear about your best ideas for modifications. We are thinking about just using the hauler area for bedroom and making the front bedroom storage system. We need to maximize our outdoor space. Did I mention we also have 3 labradors and my spouse hates camping? LOL, should be quite the adventure!
chellamaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, you will find members with a lot of knowledge. The easiest thing for you is to call Jayco and ask them for plumbing, building, and electrical schematics of your rig. They provide them when asked. Are you going to do a pre-delivery inspection prior to having them ship it.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #3

pre-delivery inspection

They walked us through before putting it in storage and they said that they would be detailing it before delivery. I feel we should meet them for final inspection and then follow them to campground.

I will be calling the dealership to finalize the date of delivery so I can ask them about doing another inspection. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #4

Final Walk Through

I am attaching a "final walk through" checklist for you to reference if need be. Good luck!!! We love our TT and will be leaving for a 2 week trip to Zion and Bryce in early November.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pre Delivery Inspection.pdf (128.6 KB, 20 views)
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:00 AM   #5

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #6

Welcome
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellamaral View Post
Did I mention we also have 3 labradors and my spouse hates camping? LOL, should be quite the adventure!
It sure sounds like it will... let the games begin. James Island CG lookalike a pretty cool place. We'll be passing by there in Dec. traveling from Edisto Beach CG to Buck Hall CG. We'll have to check it out for future reference.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:42 AM   #8

James Island and Edisto Beach

James island has a ton to offer! We will be taking advantage although not a big fan of gaudy Holiday displays...apparently they have the 3rd most attended Holiday of Lights display in the nation and some have reported a 3 hour wait to get into the park. They hire 17 Camp Host couples during this time to work the fest, so we will be safety "eyes and ears"

I am assuming you were able to rebook reservation beachside at Edisto? We really wanted to Camp Host there, but since the Loops are closed...Our land is 1/2 mile from that campground.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellamaral View Post

I am assuming you were able to rebook reservation beachside at Edisto? We really wanted to Camp Host there, but since the Loops are closed...Our land is 1/2 mile from that campground.
We were able to rebook; we'll be staying at the beach campground. We've been going there for years; great place.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:25 AM   #10

Welcome to the forum!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #11

Welcome to the forum

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #12

Welcome from Arizona!
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #13

Another newbie question.

Any idea of where the two water heater bypass valves are physically located for 2018 Jay Feather X213? Schematic is provided in Jayco owner's manual, but not actual location. Manufacturer's owner's manual is silent.

Need to sanitize potable water system before first use.

Thanks in advance.
TravelsWithFlyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #14

Schematics

I called Jayco yesterday for schematics and they said they were emailing but I haven't received yet. They have one for structural and plumbing but said they couldn't sent electrical until warranty runs out. Just have your VIN number handy.