Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #21

My trailer was delivered three weeks later than my guaranteed delivery date. On the first night out the furnace quit and it took about two months of trial and error to get it fixed. Just sayin
Old 06-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #22

I absolutely didn't want a slide for the reasons you mentioned, bought a 26bh. At about a year were regretted the decision, at month 25 we took the hit sold the trailer and bought one with a slide.

It's not a coincidence that the overwhelming majority of RVs have slides. Get the slide now, or I feel you will be doing exactly what I did.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #23

RV Trader says there's one in Joliet and a 264bhw in Maroa.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #24

What was in your race car trailer?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #25

When r you planing on being in west Yellowstone I live near there? You should be ok well into September. What about buying a trailer if they had one out this way there is a dealer in Idaho falls called bish's Rv they may have on work a deal and pick it up. Just a thought

Jayflight 2014 RLDS
2012 Ford F250 6.7 4x4
Idahoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #26

I have to agree with club house. I know there are a select group that do not want slides. But after having 1 slide then 3 slides give me all the slide I can fit. Lol. I love all the room I can have with kids

Jayflight 2014 RLDS
2012 Ford F250 6.7 4x4
Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #27

That trailer is probably built in Idaho.

Jayflight 2014 RLDS
2012 Ford F250 6.7 4x4
Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #28

I ordered ours last summer, and we booked a trip based on the delivery date given. We picked it up on a Friday, packed on Saturday, and left on Sunday for a five night trip. Everything worked perfectly and we had no problems whatsoever. Sometimes it all does work out as planned.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #29

I know it's a bit of a drive but here's one " coming soon". Might be worth a call to ensure the vacation stays on track.

Freedom RV Travel Center, Inc. :: new-inventory :: 2016 Jay Flight 26BH
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #30

When we bought ours we were "eyeing" up a particular model in the brochure but when we saw it in person we didnt like the couch layout and opted to go a size bigger for the rainy day option and a large slide out....thuse resulting in a 2015 28 BHBE and boy we love it !!!
Des Moines RV - View our models in stock

This is what RV-One Super store has in stock.... Im sure you should do pretty good on the price since they are a volume dealer...... as my kids would say YOLO so jump in with both feet, you'll never regret it
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 26BHS #DT2786 Des Moines Facility
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 26BHS #DT2850 Des Moines Facility
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 27RLS #DT2764 Des Moines Facility
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 28BHBE #DT2869 Des Moines Facility
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 28BHBE #DT2892 Des Moines Facility
Jayco Jay Flight Travel Trailer 28BHS #DT2546 Des Moines Facility
Fill The Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #31

Just had a good conversation with the sales guy. He said he spoke to his Jayco rep, and will follow-up again tomorrow to check in on date again. He's also giving us his reps phone number so we can call and get info on date directly. The rep told him early August, maybe mid-August if things slide. Thankfully we're in the midwest, so they can get the trailer quickly (sales guy said he's been known to run over there to pick up a trailer when it's time sensitive). He said before he takes our deposit he will do all he can to ensure our date is firm and has built in time beforehand for any issues. He offered that we can camp in their parking lot that weekend after pick-up and they'll be around at least one day to fix any issues that arise. He already has a couple of days in for their inspection and check. He also said if the date doesn't hold they would refund our entire (otherwise non-refundable) deposit. Suffice it to say, I'm feeling better after that conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbles75 View Post
RV Trader says there's one in Joliet and a 264bhw in Maroa.
The one in Joliet isn't an Elite. The 264bhw is actually in East Peoria - we've spent some time in that one. We are intending to keep this trailer for at least 5, hopefully more, years, since we're looking at new, which makes me not want to compromise much on features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbles75 View Post
What was in your race car trailer?
A Spec Miata. It has a new home, unfortunately, but road racing was just too much once kids were in the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoboy View Post
When r you planing on being in west Yellowstone I live near there? You should be ok well into September. What about buying a trailer if they had one out this way there is a dealer in Idaho falls called bish's Rv they may have on work a deal and pick it up. Just a thought
Our current plan is the beginning of September - I figure up until mid-September is relatively safe, but pushing end of September it sure is a long drive for us to end up stuck somewhere due to snow. Or, even if we are able to get into the park, to have all our days cut short due to cold/snow would be unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoboy View Post
I have to agree with club house. I know there are a select group that do not want slides. But after having 1 slide then 3 slides give me all the slide I can fit. Lol. I love all the room I can have with kids
It's partially reliability/complexity, and partially weight. We're towing with a 1/2 ton truck and I think adding the slider - although technically okay - is just getting too close for our comfort. Especially considering mountain driving (although we will be conservative in the routes we chose as well).
thearrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavid View Post
I ordered ours last summer, and we booked a trip based on the delivery date given. We picked it up on a Friday, packed on Saturday, and left on Sunday for a five night trip. Everything worked perfectly and we had no problems whatsoever. Sometimes it all does work out as planned.
Thank you! I feel like sometimes it seems every single trailer has major issues. Logically I know that's not the case, but it does help to hear the 'smooth sailing' stories sometimes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
I know it's a bit of a drive but here's one " coming soon". Might be worth a call to ensure the vacation stays on track.

Freedom RV Travel Center, Inc. :: new-inventory :: 2016 Jay Flight 26BH
Thanks! I left messages a couple of places tonight with inventory listings such as that. Based on my understanding, I wonder if they'll be getting trailers from the same 'batch' that we would - in early August. Guess we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill The Coolers View Post
When we bought ours we were "eyeing" up a particular model in the brochure but when we saw it in person we didnt like the couch layout and opted to go a size bigger for the rainy day option and a large slide out....thuse resulting in a 2015 28 BHBE and boy we love it !!
I looked at the 28BHBE, I do love that it has the U-dinette. But, it would mean a new tow vehicle, and realistically TV & TT aren't happening at the same time for us. So, TT now, TV in 2-3 years, then we can talk about upgrading to a bigger TT if we choose in 5-7. Or at least that's the plan.

Actually, random question, but does having carpet under the dinette drive you crazy?? That's the one big concern I have with many of the other floorplans that would be of interest to us. Kind of a moot point d/t our TV constraint, but something I've wondered about.
thearrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #33

The time issue would not worry me. Towing a camper 3000 miles would.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:06 AM   #34

Arrys , im with you i have a 1/2 ton also and debated the 26bhs . Number 1 on my bucket list is Yellowstone. After driving it home Saturday in my mind i made the right decision. The truck did great but im glad it wasn't any heavier. 65 on cruise felt very comfortable 70 -72 not so much. Who wants to make a trip like that bogged down. 11mpg
mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrys View Post
snip...

Actually, random question, but does having carpet under the dinette drive you crazy?? That's the one big concern I have with many of the other floorplans that would be of interest to us. Kind of a moot point d/t our TV constraint, but something I've wondered about.
Yes, I'm one of those who thinks the carpet under the dinette and couch is kind of silly. To me the whole point of carpet is for something fuzzy to make your bare feet more comfortable; well my feet don't get to stand on the carpet under the couch, so to me it's a waste. But the most annoying thing about it is that it's hard to vacuum! To do a good job with it, I have to use attachments on my vacuum, and that's annoying. If it were vinyl throughout, I could just use the broom and be done with it. Perhaps once in a while wipe it down with a wet rag or whatever and it's GTG. But the carpet has a tendency to collect dirt and hair and dust and whatever back in the corners, and it's hard to clean that up.

Anyway, coming from someone who bought the biggest trailer their truck "could tow", I think you're making a prudent decision keeping your weight down for your truck. I just got done upgrading my truck for that very reason, so been there, done that.

Again, good luck, and keep us updated on your progress!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #36

Carpet helps to insulate as well. Carpeted rv's are warmer in the winter/fall and cooler in the summer. It's also a noise dampener. Of course it's meant for looks and appeal but, it helps in these particular areas as well.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #37

I know how you feel. We are retired and last summer we went tent camping here in Missouri. We found that loading and unloading a truck, sleeping on the ground and running to the bathroom in a rainstorm had turned from a fun challenge to a heck of a lot of work. We went to a dealer looking for pop up campers which they didn't stock. The lady asked us if we would like to just look at a travel trailer to get an idea of what they have so we looked at a 23MB. It was EXACTLY what we were looking for! Please keep in mind that this is the first time we had ever set foot in an RV. We went back and forth for a month and finally bought the trailer and brought it home one week ago. It's never left the driveway but we are learning and loving it more and more. I think next week will see us camping with 2 granddaughters and a niece. I hope you have a great time. Best of luck to you.
noclueatall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrys View Post
He also said if the date doesn't hold they would refund our entire (otherwise non-refundable) deposit. Suffice it to say, I'm feeling better after that conversation.

I would get this bit in writing.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclueatall View Post
I know how you feel. We are retired and last summer we went tent camping here in Missouri. We found that loading and unloading a truck, sleeping on the ground and running to the bathroom in a rainstorm had turned from a fun challenge to a heck of a lot of work. We went to a dealer looking for pop up campers which they didn't stock. The lady asked us if we would like to just look at a travel trailer to get an idea of what they have so we looked at a 23MB. It was EXACTLY what we were looking for! Please keep in mind that this is the first time we had ever set foot in an RV. We went back and forth for a month and finally bought the trailer and brought it home one week ago. It's never left the driveway but we are learning and loving it more and more. I think next week will see us camping with 2 granddaughters and a niece. I hope you have a great time. Best of luck to you.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the trailer, and sleeping off the ground,
and a bathroom a couple of steps away that you can visit in your underwear!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #40

Trip

We bought our 2015 JayFlight 33RLDS from Fourwinds in Maroa and have had nothing but a good experience with them and with Jayco. I know that this is probably the hot time for RV orders, so maybe there could be a delay on yours, but we ordered ours in October and got it exactly when they promised. I've heard that they expedite build dates at that time of year due to the holidays, although I don't know if that's true or not. We've had no issues with the camper, other than the bedroom slide being out of adjustment. And, if that issue had come up during a trip, it wouldn't have been a huge problem.

If I were you I'd go for it. But, I'm a risk taker in some ways when I know it's something that I really want to do.