Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #1

Newby Investigates Dealers

So, being new to the whole RV thing, I read the sticky on purchasing that is posted here.

(1) Did a build and quote on the Jayco site; Jayco site said was referred to my local dealer. Have not heard anything from local dealer.

(2) Did a build and quote at RVDirect.com. Quite responsive. Got a call from salesperson at their Buffalo, NY facility. Took a drive and looked around. Nice facility, looking experience was nice - helpful, no high pressure. Quote was 84% of MSRP. This is RVOne.

(3) Received e-mail from Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury, IN. Did a build and quote; quote was 74% of MSRP. Dealership is 329 miles from home (would have to go there to pick up trailer).

Does anyone have any experience with either of these dealerships? If I decide to get another TT then I will order so I get all of what I want. Going to Indiana to pick up is no problem - I love cruising in the truck. I would prefer to purchase from the local dealer, but he will have to make some effort and be in the price ballpark.

I am in Erie, PA in case anyone cares to recommend a dealer.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

Bought mine from RV One Tampa. Tampa branch just opened
Great people.
They can/will give you a better price
Bring them the Quote from RV connection and see what they will do.
Not only did they come way down for me they also gave me a great price from my trade.

Also did an internet and BBB search on RV one. They had 2 resolved complaints.
Had to do this after a bad experience with Longview RV Tampa

GL

Tom
2015 Eagle 324BHTS
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 DirtyMax
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Site Team

Many of these internet dealers give you a quote based on your zipcode. So someone living hundreds of miles away will likely get a better quote then someone nearby (I know that sounds crazy but...). I would venture to say I could get a better quote from the Buffalo location based on my zipcode. I bought my trailer from their sister location Albany, got around 30% off. As mentioned, I think they will do better then 16% off.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #4

I bought from RVDirect in Albany, NY and will certainly buy from them again. They gave me a good price for my trade in. My TT had a MSRP of $31,000.00 and I paid $21,350.00 .
My friend lives in Buffalo and bought his TT from RVDirect in Buffalo. He also saved thousands and had a great buying experience.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #5

Bids are nice, but the dealers are not likely to give you their best price without some negotiation. 30% off msrp is not that hard to get. As for the local that didn't reply, send the sales manager a thank you card for the heads up on what you could expect AFTER the sale!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #6

30% seems to be a pretty standard discount for those who ask for it. You might also take note of the RV Show pricing. My argument would be if they can sell them for that at a show, they can sell them for that every day.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #7

RV show pricing can be great, or if you really want to save on a new trailer, buy at the end of the season. We walked in on December 24th and made a deal on a year end model and saved about $10,000. because they wanted to clear it off the books before the end of the year.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #8

We ordered a 2011 Jayco 365BHS from RVDirect out of Des Moines. Tornado destroyed it Feb 2012 so we ordered another 2012 365BHS from RVDirect. When we saw the floor plan and layout of the 2014 375BHFS, we decided this was pretty much the exact camper would have designed if Jayco allowed such an option. Called the Rep from RVDirect who had sold us 2 brand new campers in as many years looking for a decent trade. I knew we would take a beating, but wasn't willing to take both a beating and a screwing on the same day. Called Indiana RV Connection and we got at least closer to the price I needed to make the trade work, so we ordered our 2014 375BHFS from them.
I tried to give my business on all 3 units to local dealers but at the end of the day, we couldn't even come close to the price from buying them online. If I was to order another unit tomorrow, I would not hesitate to buy from either place again. Pricing is very straight forward, although if I were you, I would get quotes from both places and work from both ends to the middle. If they know your ready to commit, there is still some wiggle room even in their best quoted price.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 AM   #9

Thanks to all - RV show coming locally in three weeks.

It is good to know what others are doing.

Thanks!!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #10

Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury, IN gave me a good deal. Would consider them for a new unit down the road.
evrythgsfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #11

Just put a deposit down the other day with Keystone RV in PA, 2014 264BH for about 65% of MSRP. Going for a unit in stock and out of season seems to make a big difference, they don't really want these things sitting around all winter.
skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #12

We purchased our first Jayco from RV Direct in Albany. It took around 8 weeks for us to get the camper. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive which worked out fine, we camped overnight on the way back. We were very happy with using them.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #13

We purchased our first Jayco from RV Direct in Albany. It took around 8 weeks for us to get the camper. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive which worked out fine, we camped overnight on the way back. We were very happy with using them.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
RVD's website has this to say about obtaining service: By registering with the factory, you can obtain factory authorized service at any authorized dealer / service center across the country.

Our dealer was a two-day drive, so we needed someone closer to do any warranty work that might have been necessary. We found only one dealer willing to work on a unit not purchased from them and then, not until winter.

Does anyone know how the non brick & mortar sellers actually handle service needs?
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #15

Try Seven O's RV Sales in Kirkville NY. I dealt with Meg. I called every dealer in the north east in my quest for this RV. Seven O's gave me the best price by far right off the bat. Another dealer in Upstate NY not far from Seven O's insisted his show special price was the best possible price his was $5,000 over Seven O's price. I chose to buy from Van's RV in South Windsor CT. Van's still gave me a great price, not quite as good as Seven O's, but in the end buying locally and a super pleasant sales process won me over. Van's is probably too far from where you live, but Kevin S. at Vans was awesome! we even spoke with to parts and service guys all seemed great. We stayed with Kevin through the entire sales process, never got handed off to a manager. So far I'm thrilled with Van's RV! My new RV is on order I should have it in 6 weeks.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #16

Johnston RV Country in Palmyra, New York isn't as far as Indiana and I've purchased two Jaycos from them and been very satisfied. Here's contact information if you are interested. Please tell them Kim Fay sent you.
Johnston RV Country, Palmyra
2311 Route 21 North
Palmyra, NY 14522

315-597-5388 Local
315-597-5388 Main
315-597-5388 Service Dept.
315-597-5388 Parts Dept.
315-597-3516 Fax
Reese Dual Cam
Canine Travelers - Emmy & Rocky
fayliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #17

If you really want to see/walk through new TTs, go to Hershey RV Show. Good deals, dealers don't want to drag them home. I probably paid to much, but I like CW, they're in just about every state. Had a heating problem 25 miles from the dealer, got same day service. To me service/service quality is more important than price. Had 2 Jayco TT, tried 2 competitors TT came back to Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 BHS. Time to look at a 5th wheel.
DJsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote