Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #1

Night Hawk Propane line

My new white hawk has two propane lines crossing/dangling from the trailer under the plastic weather sheathing with nowhere obvious to secure/protect them. Any ideas out there?
gmortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #2

You can just take a look at how they are secured in other locations and secure them properly or take it back to the dealer.
I myself would probably just hang em back up properly. Especially if the propane system is working correctly.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new White Hawk and welcome to the forum.

Are those lines at the rear of the trailer and have a quick disconnect type fitting at the end? Some trailers have propane lines for an optional, rear bumper mounted grill.

Would it be possible to include a photo?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #4

propane lines

They are located about 2 feet behind the rear axle. They(2) cross from one side of the trailer to the other side into a splitter that feeds the heater, stove and the rear kitchen and rear outside couplings. They hang below the plastic sheet that covers the underside of the trailer. Nowhere to secure them so I Monster Taped them to the underside of the plastic sheeting for now. Seems as though they should have been installed between the sheeting and the floor of the trailer. But not sure.
gmortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #5

If you could feel a metal cross brace above the plastic, you might be able to add a padded clamp using a self tapping sheet metal screw.

Drop the plastic material if possible at the outside edges and verify there would be nothing you could damage with the screw, water tanks, etc.

On my 23RLSW the lines are run sloppily also, but they run along the frame, front to the rear, so I added clamps to secure them properly.

One of the factory clamps was pinching one of the rubber LP lines going to the water heater so I had to redo that also.

Could have been a safety issue. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's correct. I tend to fix the little things as much as I can rather than bother taking it to the dealer.

If you have a list of warranty issues and you unit needs to go back to the dealer, have them fix it.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote