Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

No 12V Power

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a solution. I am getting no 12 V Power to 27BH TT. When connected to sire power every thing works, all fuses are good. I went out to check the battery and found a green cable, black cable spliced to green cable, going to the positive terminal with 25 amp fuse, fried...i imagine that is the culprit, but i have no idea what that is for.. . Would that cause no power to come from the 12v battery?
Attached Thumbnails
FE046222-2EF2-4F8C-B9F0-3DF61DA31AF0.jpg   9A5DC848-1CD2-4AAC-976A-EE2829BA7DF1.jpg  
TheSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #2

That is definitely your problem.
I was chasing no battery power issues for a few weeks and i read all kinds of threads on this forum that helped me find my answer. My problem was a bad ground to the frame. Almost everyone mentioned in all the threads i read, was that the 30 amp fuse probably was blown. I found my 30 amp fuse inside my camper, but what your picture shows is/was your 30 amp fuse.

If battery was hooked up incorrectly, then that would blow your fuse. Also many if you have an electric Jack, that often will blow that fuse.
If this was ever installed wrong or or even just sparked in the wrong position it will immediately blow a fuse that is installed very close the battery as well as two fuses labeled REVERSE POLARITY that are installed sometimes on your 12VDC Distribution Panel. Sometimes these two fuses are installed on the on-board CONVERTER/CHARGER unit itself. You have to correct the battery terminals first then replace the blown fuses. Otherwise they will just blow again as soon as you plug new ones in...

Also, that looks like a looks like a 25 watt fuse, and should be a 30 or 40 i would think.