Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #1

No 2019 Jay feather 25bh?

Looking to to sort of upgrade from our 2017 jay flight 26bh to the jay feather 25bh but see it’s no longer being made in 2019. I see plenty of 18s out there which doesn’t matter to me but would like to find out why they did away with it first.

Has anybody made this swap before?

Trying to weigh the pros and cons of doing this without factoring the cost in upgrading and trading or selling our current TT.

We love our current JF but no slides and space is a bit tight for longer camping trips which we usually take. With the feather we will have a bit more room to spread out and the master has actual doors to separate the rest of the space. Also like that the bathroom has the vanity/sink inside the bathroom. Ooh and the looks of the jay feather exterior are much nicer. I did notice that the feather doesn’t come with an elite package, smaller holding tanks for black and fresh water. And I believe double 20lb propane tanks vs our current 30’s.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #2

Was at a Jayco dealership, and asked this same question "where is the 25bh for 2019?" Jayco ended the 25bh, and replaced it with the 27bh. A little bit longer, and I think most of the extra room is in the front bedroom. Added some weight too.

https://www.jayco.com/products/trave...-feather/27bh/
elldav7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #3

If its not a big seller it gets replaced.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elldav7 View Post
Was at a Jayco dealership, and asked this same question "where is the 25bh for 2019?" Jayco ended the 25bh, and replaced it with the 27bh. A little bit longer, and I think most of the extra room is in the front bedroom. Added some weight too.

Thanks!
Might not be a bad idea but would need to upgrade the TV which is not a problem as I was looking at a Durango SRT anyway which has a much better towing capacity than my current Durango.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #5

Note that the weight jumpep up like 800 lbs. It was one of the reasons I liked the 2018.
elldav7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #6

I saw that as well. What I noticed aside from the weight is that it is 2 feet longer, the front bedroom looks bigger and the bathroom is different. The bathroom is bigger and does not have a tub any more. I always thought it was a great seller. My dealer would get a few in at a time and they would sell quickly. Actually, when we're buying ours, another family was buying theirs at the same time. All I know is that it is a great floorplan for us and we don't plan on selling it anytime soon.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elldav7 View Post

Yeah, on my 25BH the mattress is right up against the wall, can't walk around the bed very easily. Good place for extra room. Having a linen closet and shower in the bathroom also seems to be a better design. Looking over one for sale I see the storage areas are better too, with doors that open to get to the storage instead of having to lift the bunk mattress and plywood to get to one and the bench seat for the other.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Carlosrod Send a message via MSN to Carlosrod Send a message via Yahoo to Carlosrod
Have you looked at the 29QB?
We love ours and the floor plan is great. Kids love it.

I don't have a PhD, but my DD-214 is worth much more.

Live, so that when your children hear the words “Ethics,” “Integrity,” “Honor” or “Trust,” they think of You!
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosrod View Post
Have you looked at the 29QB?
We love ours and the floor plan is great. Kids love it.
Wow just looking at it now and you're right it's a pretty sweet layout with the bunk house and extra door back there. Tons of inside storage also. Thanks for making my decision even more difficult now!! Lol