Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2021, 08:30 PM   #1

No blackstone

When I purchased my trailer they said they would give me a coupon for back orders on the blackstone grill, but when I ask them they never seem to answer or blow me off, is there any other way?
Vedasl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:35 AM   #2

My buddy bought a new jayco this past spring, his came with a 22" blackstone griddle. Never knew anything about them, I guess they are kind of a big deal. I used his and was pretty impressed, so I need one. I was purchasing one on my own and what a fiasco. They are out there, but the prices of these things are ridiculously high. Cheapest I found was amazon but never got it. Next one came from walmart online but by the time I got it I'd already got one from a different buddy that was used once. Still dealing with trying to get my money back on the walmart one and it's been almost 2 months. Different story for a different day.

There is one difference in the one(s) that come from jayco vs the ones on the open market. The jayco ones have a wind screen shield that surrounds both sides and the back of the unit. That shield will make a big difference in its performance if you're using it in a windy/breezy area. I grabbed the measurements of the shield off my buddy's and had one made out of stainless.
Point is, check with your dealer and see if they will reimburse you if you get one on your own and give them the coupon back. The issue with that is getting a wind screen for it. It's not something you can buy seperate from jayco and Blackstone has no idea of what you're talking about if you speak with them. Been there, done that. That's why I had one made.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedasl5 View Post
When I purchased my trailer they said they would give me a coupon for back orders on the blackstone grill, but when I ask them they never seem to answer or blow me off, is there any other way?
Who's they the dealer or JAYCO?
Old 08-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the great info and yes the dealer. I guess he doesn’t want to give me the coupon that came with it.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedasl5 View Post
Thanks for the great info and yes the dealer. I guess he doesn’t want to give me the coupon that came with it.
Contact JAYCO and tell them.

https://www.jayco.com/contact-towable-service/
Old 08-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #6

Sounds to me like your dealer is trying to screw you out of it and keep it for themselves.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #7

Exactly
Old 08-29-2021, 05:35 PM   #8

Thank you for the website, I just texted them.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #9

We purchased our trailer on 8/1 and received the "voucher" for the griddle since they are in short supply. I e-mailed a copy of the voucher to Blackstone that same day and they responded the next day saying the griddles were on backorder, but should ship out late August or early September. Today is 9/17 and I have yet to see my griddle and have nothing else from Blackstone.
300Lane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #10

Well at least you got your voucher, I called the place I bought my RV from nope, called JAYCO they said they would checked into it. Nope
Old 02-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #11

I don't see any posts on this thread since Sept 21. Just to follow up with an FYI. We took delivery of our White Hawk 29BH in Jan. Sent in the voucher. Got our griddle a week or two later.
kneverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #12

Do all of them come with Blackstones? I just bought a 284 BHS SLX 8 but nobody said anything about a blackston.
AgsMyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #13

The feature list on the Jayco page for that model refers to an "outside griddle" with a bumper mount. No explicit reference of the brand Blackstone. Did you not get any griddle at all?

https://www.jayco.com/rvs/travel-tra...-slx-8/284bhs/
kneverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneverett View Post
The feature list on the Jayco page for that model refers to an "outside griddle" with a bumper mount. No explicit reference of the brand Blackstone. Did you not get any griddle at all?

I did not. I don't think our had that option included so probably doesn't have one included without it.
AgsMyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneverett View Post

Jayco does use the Blackstone griddle, but as someone mentioned above, it's a special model apparently made to spec for Jayco. I didn't receive one with my 2021 27RB but had the voucher to order one. After several months of waiting for it, I asked Jayco if they would just allow me to buy one and then credit me. They refused saying that theirs was special and I had to wait. It eventually arrived seven months later and it is indeed different from the Blackstones sold via retail.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9001 View Post
Jayco does use the Blackstone griddle, but as someone mentioned above, it's a special model apparently made to spec for Jayco. I didn't receive one with my 2021 27RB but had the voucher to order one. After several months of waiting for it, I asked Jayco if they would just allow me to buy one and then credit me. They refused saying that theirs was special and I had to wait. It eventually arrived seven months later and it is indeed different from the Blackstones sold via retail.
I know this is an old thread, but do you happen to have the model number of the Blackstone that Jayco uses? We just purchased a used 2022 that doesn't come with it, dealer had it marked down that it didn't' come with it, don't know about the vouchers or anything. We were going to just buy one from Amazon, but if Jayco has a special model, I'd like to just get that, but can't seem to find a model number anywhere.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:11 PM   #17

Sounds like Dealer used your coupon to get himself/herself a black stone!
fishinspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:09 AM   #18
Site Team

More than likely the PO kept the free Blackstone for themselves and didn't leave it with their trade.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 06:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
More than likely the PO kept the free Blackstone for themselves and didn't leave it with their trade.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
I know this is an old thread, but do you happen to have the model number of the Blackstone that Jayco uses? We just purchased a used 2022 that doesn't come with it, dealer had it marked down that it didn't' come with it, don't know about the vouchers or anything. We were going to just buy one from Amazon, but if Jayco has a special model, I'd like to just get that, but can't seem to find a model number anywhere.
I can't tell you the exact model # that came with our NP. I can tell you that it's a 22" Blackstone and is identical to the Blackstone Table Top Griddle on their website.
https://blackstoneproducts.com/produ...el-front-plate

That said, I no longer use the griddle in it's built in spot... the grease goes everywhere and is a pain to clean. I take the griddle from it's spot and place it on a table, returning it to it's spot after it's cooled off again. The only reason I haven't changed to a freestanding griddle is that I do find the storage convenient. Otherwise I would prefer a griddle with it's own stand and a cover, like Walmart's Blackstone Adventure
Attached Thumbnails
OK1.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:05 AM   #20

I had no problem getting the coupon when I bought my new White Hawk last summer. My only issue was that my particular trailer came with a 17” Blackstone. I contacted the 3rd party on the coupon and tried to pay to upgrade to the 22” model. They said it couldn’t be done because Jayco pre purchases the griddles. I accepted the 17” griddle but didn’t like it. It didn’t get hot enough and the heat wasn’t even. I gave that one to a friend and bought a 22” Blackstone with cover on a Walmart Black Friday special for $127. It’s perfect for me. The heat issues are gone and it fits perfectly in my trailer’s storage space.