Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #1

Unhappy No generator?

Looking at purchasing an Eagle 322RLOK and am shocked that there is no generator or generator prep? Looking at other brands and also see that this is the same on other top of the brand models. Can anyone explain?
Nasonjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Nasonjd,

Yes this is typical for a travel trailer. Not as much of an issue for a 5th wheel or toy hauler as space and I suppose type of expected usage (boondocking), for the toy hauler moreso, is expected. Of course boondocking happens all the time in TT's as well - I do it often. I carry my generator in the bed of my truck. When boondocking I try to nose the truck in to the side of the trailer opposite of the awning side where my electrical cord can be found. In this configuration the generator exhausts away from the TT and the truck greatly reduces the noise from the generator. I can't imagine that you'll have too much need for AC in you neck of the woods! The microwave might be your biggest electrical demand I suppose?

The 322RLOK looks like a great floorplan. What will you be towing it with?

Good luck with your search!

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I see that the Eagle HT has generator prep but not the Eagle - strange. We have a Ford F-350 super duty that has a Arctic Fox 992 camper on it. We plan on using it to go back and forth from Alaska and the travel trailer in the 48 states.
Nasonjd is offline   Reply With Quote