Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #1

No hot water

So I did the rookie mistake, in a rush of course I turned on the water heater with the bypass valves in bypass position and went to a concert for 4hrs. Come back and no hot water. Figured out the unit was in bypass opened up the valves bled out the air and the water heater after cycling the c/b on the panel does nothing. No electric heat probably destroyed the heating element, but I can't figure out why the propane system won't kick in? Yes I have propane and the valves are open. Also when the power switch is cycled it does not attempt to light no snap from the inginter. Does anyone have any suggestions or is it cold showers till I can get service. 🤔
GWS935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:04 AM   #2

I would check the electrical connections as well there is a fuse in a red plastic tube behind the heater panel. You can remove the fuse and bypass it to see if it is blown or not but be sure to replace it if it is blown. Mine was not working and I cleaned all the connections behind the heater panel outside the trailer and all came back on line.
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #3

The one in the clear plastic? Looks good through the clear plastic but I will disconnect it and check closer. The owners manual talks about a remote switch?? Do these things have a remote switch with some sort of safety incorporated or is it just the c/b on the panel?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS935 View Post
The one in the clear plastic? Looks good through the clear plastic but I will disconnect it and check closer. The owners manual talks about a remote switch?? Do these things have a remote switch with some sort of safety incorporated or is it just the c/b on the panel?
The only switch I have is on my thermostat. And yes the o e in the clear plastic. You should be able to remove it and plugthe wire in directly just for troubleshooting if it's good put it back if not replace it. Or test with ohm meter
Old 06-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
The only switch I have is on my wall beside the water switches And yes the o e in the clear plastic. You should be able to remove it and plugthe wire in directly just for troubleshooting if it's good put it back if not replace it. Or test with ohm meter
Old 06-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #6

There may also be a wiring diagram inside the heater compartment. Check for voltage at appropriate pins or connectors.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #7

You may have to re-light the auto pilot?
I was not getting any hot water and the tech where I bought my trailer walked me through it over the phone. I had to go behind the trailer near the water plug but I forgot exactly what I did??
Good luck

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #8

I removed that resistor/fuse and connected the brown wire to the tab cycled the c/b and nothing. Unfortunately I don't have my meter with me and I'm still on the trip. There is some sort of overheat protection that can be reset apparently. Horrible system not to have a manual light like a gas burner I honestly think I'd rather have the non electronic version of this heater and just light it when I set up.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #9

Oh this is embarrassing only our second trip and first since October I was in a rush to make a show last night and I completely forgot to to turn the switches on in the light/awning/slide switch panel by the entrance door. I totally forgot they were there out of sight out of mind just thinking it was the c/b on the power panel,what a dumb a---. I won't ever forget that again, ok everyone back to there saturday morning coffee thanks for the suggestion from you guys disaster adverted. LOL.��
Old 06-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Oh this is embarrassing only our second trip and first since October I was in a rush to make a show last night and I completely forgot to to turn the switches on in the light/awning/slide switch panel by the entrance door. I totally forgot they were there out of sight out of mind just thinking it was the c/b on the power panel,what a dumb a---. I won't ever forget that again, ok everyone back to there saturday morning coffee thanks for the suggestion from you guys disaster adverted. LOL.��
Nice and simple. Enjoy your hot water!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 01:27 PM   #11

Nothing better then an "Aha" moment! Glad it worked out for you...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #12

Grew up boating, owned my own 28ft with a bridge and all with my family for 10yrs between 20 to 30 nights a summer lost it in hurricane Sandy. Long time tent camper just the 3rd night in my land yacht! 17 28BHBE, In such a rush last night just totally forgot about those dang switches. Yes Aha for sure!