Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2024, 11:25 AM   #1

No water to kitchen sink

Hello all. I am new here this is my first post. I just purchased a 2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH at an auction. I think I got a great deal and picked it up a couple days ago. I have it at home were I have a full hook up for it. Power, sewer, fresh water and all. I have been slowly going through things to check everything out. Today I hooked the water and sewer up. I have water to all outlets except the kitchen sink. When I turned it on it blew air for a lil bit but then just a few drops of water now nothing. Still have water everywhere else. I checked for closed valves and everything seems to be open. Any ideas?
White Hawk Kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:51 AM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hawk Kanyon View Post
Hello all. I am new here this is my first post. I just purchased a 2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH at an auction. I think I got a great deal and picked it up a couple days ago. I have it at home were I have a full hook up for it. Power, sewer, fresh water and all. I have been slowly going through things to check everything out. Today I hooked the water and sewer up. I have water to all outlets except the kitchen sink. When I turned it on it blew air for a lil bit but then just a few drops of water now nothing. Still have water everywhere else. I checked for closed valves and everything seems to be open. Any ideas?

Pull the strainer off and see if you have water. If so the strainer is plugged with calcium or debris. There is also, likely and in-line strainer and that too can clog with junk/calcium or both. If you get water with the strainer off, clean the strainer and soak in vinegar for a few hours, reinstall and try it again.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:38 PM   #3

Thanks soo much for the quick reply. I removed the sprayer from the end of the faucet and you are correct it is clogged up. I have plenty of water pressure at the sink now. Now I just have to figure out how to disassemble the sprayer end to get the strainer out and clean it. This place is awesome and I was shocked how quickly you responded to help fix my issue. I hope I may return the favor sometime!
Old 04-26-2024, 12:48 PM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hawk Kanyon View Post
Thanks soo much for the quick reply. I removed the sprayer from the end of the faucet and you are correct it is clogged up. I have plenty of water pressure at the sink now. Now I just have to figure out how to disassemble the sprayer end to get the strainer out and clean it. This place is awesome and I was shocked how quickly you responded to help fix my issue. I hope I may return the favor sometime!
You’re welcome.
The strainer on the sprayer will likely have two flat sides that you can get a wrench or pliers on to gently turn it off. Take note of the parts inside because you will need to reassemble after cleaning

Old 04-26-2024, 12:50 PM   #5
CAG

Or just soak the entire sprayer.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM   #6

Before taking it apart, see if backflushing it will clear it. I'm always in favor of saving time and work.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 02:54 PM   #7
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjr View Post
Before taking it apart, see if backflushing it will clear it. I'm always in favor of saving time and work.

Good idea however in my part of the world calcium buildup is very common and won't flush out. Perhaps his will but what also happens is all of the sand, and grit gets embedded in the aerator and won't flush either. Many times people just buy a new one and drop in but they can also be cleared.

https://www.amazon.com/Aerator-Restr...30046507&psc=1

Old 04-27-2024, 10:17 AM   #8

How about CLR?
FISTEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 06:30 AM   #9

Update

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to give a quick update. I soaked the hole sprayer end in vinegar overnight and it looked like new again. I reinstalled it and it works perfectly. I also bought a replacement sprayer on amazon and will keep it in the kitchen drawer for a spare. again thanks for the help i was shocked at how quickly this community was to help. Happy camping!
Old 04-28-2024, 06:51 AM   #10
Site Team

You can buy a bag of them at Lowes for less than $10. I got one for my sister-in-law last week and it recommended changing it every 6 months. Hers was crumbling apart.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote