Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #1

Norcold N8XR not working on 120v

I have a 2021 Jayco 224BHW Rocky mtn Baja trailer. It's about 3 months old and we're getting ready for a week long trip and I noticed the fridge wasn't working on shore power. I plugged it into the house yesterday to turn it on and it worked all night because its cold but now it only works on LP. I checked the fuses in the convertor and I used a Multimeter to verify that there is 120v at the plug in for the fridge. So it leads me to believe there's a fuse somewhere ok the fridge that needs reset?
2018SLXBAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018SLXBAJA View Post
I have a 2021 Jayco 224BHW Rocky mtn Baja trailer. It's about 3 months old and we're getting ready for a week long trip and I noticed the fridge wasn't working on shore power. I plugged it into the house yesterday to turn it on and it worked all night because its cold but now it only works on LP. I checked the fuses in the convertor and I used a Multimeter to verify that there is 120v at the plug in for the fridge. So it leads me to believe there's a fuse somewhere ok the fridge that needs reset?
Only fuse would be on the control board on the back of the fridge.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #3

I did open the control board cover and found 3 fuses. All of which looked good. Is there anyway to reset the fridge besides turning it off and back on?
Old 06-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #4

I know dumb question. But did you make sure it was either in auto mode or straight electric mode or straight propane mode. I’ve made the mistake once on my old trailer where I thought it was in auto mode but I had it in propane only mode.
dalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #5

I've tried running it on Automatic and it switches over to LP. If I put it on 120v the light goes red immediately. I just got back from a 1200 mile trip and it never worked once on 120v. I'll be taking it in for warranty
Old 06-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #6

Control board on 2020 237RBS

where is this control board? Looked & didn’t see one;
Mine went out this morning
HankZudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankZudd View Post
where is this control board? Looked & didn’t see one;
Mine went out this morning
Take the access panel off the from behind the fridge and you should see a bunch of wires going into a small black box. That should be the control board. Mine had 3 fuses on the board. Make sure to disconnect all power before you start messing with it.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #8

Quick update on the fridge. I talked to Jayco and they told me I need to take the camper back down to the dealer I bought it from since its the closest Jayco dealer and they're about 50 miles from me. With the busy summer I never had time to run it down there. But I'm packing for another big trip up to Glacier and I decide to turn it on manual 120 mode. The light immediately turns red but the fridge does work. So I'm guessing it's a minor problem with one of the circuit boards.