Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #1

oh oh , broke my Jayco... dinette

apparently when setting up the dinette bed on our 184bh i placed the edge of the table on one of the white plastic spacers meant to hold the table in place. in the morning i found the edge of the table molding peeled off the table. totally my fault. when we got home i heated it with a hair dryer and re glued it, good as new. we have since decided that the dinette table is too awkward and heavy to deal with. we are looking for a smaller table to use inside the tt and will use the dinette table for outside use. i have cut 3 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood to use in place of the dinette for making up the bed. when not in use they will store under the mattress of the bottom bunk.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #2

We did the same thing except ours also bent our table. We now use a light weight folding table and only bring the heavy one when we know we will need it for sleeping.
2012 f250 diesel

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

I'm glad we weren't the only ones. I wish I would have known about our table top going a certain way when in bed mode. Still under warranty and I hope they will cover this problem. Will know soon.
good times had by all
jdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #4

My guess is this won't be covered under warranty since it was not a manufacturers defect. Depending on the year of the camper if the dealer has to order a new one it will be the current style and color the manufacturer is using at that time, they can't order one to match yours exactly.
sgscomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #5

we now only use that table for outside use even tho it was still quite usable inside. we just found it too large and heavy for the inside. we bought a smaller table at target and i cut a piece of 3/4 plywood the size of the table, then cut that into 3 pieces that will store under the mattress of the bunk. we use the plywood in place of the heavy table and it works great.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #6

I did the same thing. I took it to my dealer service department and told them what happened, and they said "too much information. It's broken, right?", and then they replaced it under warranty. I must say, I felt a little guilty about that one, seeing how the break was totally my fault. But they replaced it anyway. The Jayco service I get is great!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #7

Smile

Our new table is on its way as well no problem under warranty
good times had by all
Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #8

We had this problem in our last trailer, so we cut two pieces of PVC pipe to bed height which nicely sored inside the dinette height posts.. The extra support kept the table much more stable..

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #9

I just realized they didn't even show me how to set mine up in the walkthru when I bought it. I didn't see any instructions in the owners manual either. Anyone set theirs up on the u-shaped dinette?
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #10

We had our little girl sleeping on the u dinette and my wife kneeled on the table top and when she shifted her weight to get up we herd a crack. There looks to be a right way to place the table top check that the pins are Not under the table top but that the pins are against the top. turn the table top so that the corners are lout of the way. Our dealer did not mention this as well. We will make sure this never happens again especially on the new table top. Live and learn oh well that is why there is warranty.
good times had by all
Old 05-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Anyone set theirs up on the u-shaped dinette?
No. We have no plans of using the dinette or sofa sleeper. That is why we bought a BH model. I didn't want to mess with those every night & morning & have to climb over someone to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
No. We have no plans of using the dinette or sofa sleeper. That is why we bought a BH model. I didn't want to mess with those every night & morning & have to climb over someone to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Mine has the j-sofa and I'm 5'11". What a joke! Being tall has it's disadvantages as my feet also hang off the Queen bed as well.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote