Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
I guess it’s all about location. I’ve paid over $100 for a campsite before and I paid less that $50 for a hotel with free breakfast and coffee.
Attachment 52619
Forsure its all about location. The only time I ever paid !00 for a campsite was at Dworld about 40 years ago and have found that CG pricing and local hotel pricing generally follow each other. In a non resort area, both can be found much lower than near that N Park. But free at a W World or Cosco beats any CG and there is no set up. For an over nite like the OP is planning all that is needed is a safe place to park and leave his RV while he is catching dinner.

Got me thinking though. Heading down in a minute to jump on the pontoon and head out on the lake before it gets too hot.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
How does your math work on this statement?? Typical campground maybe $25-40. Hard to find a motel room for less than $75 - $90.
Thought not for the reasons the OP is asking, we have spent some nights in highway rest stops in Washington state. Stays are limited to eight hours, but overstepping that by a couple or few hours has yet to draw any attention to us. Not the quietest since they are adjacent to either the interstate or state highway, but free. Usually others are doing the same, from long haul truckers to people sleeping in their cars on long drives.
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #23

WE always use the campground facilities except for middle of the night...saves tank space and wear and tear over time on all componnents, less cleaning too...so you don't have to hook up the sewer hoses. Buy a "counter" jug of potable water to keep on the picnic table outside using paper cups/plates and try to keep to one outfit for all.Might be hard if your large trout pulls you into the river...lol And as someone said relax..this is about fun and you will probably not be ab le to stick to a timeline but you can try!
Baldfacemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #24

Like some others, I thought we were talking about a quick overnight stay while traveling from one place to another. It got a lot more complicated. To me, if I'm going to stop somewhere and spend some time, even just a day and a night, I would make a very different decision about my setup that I would for a quick overnight stop. BTW, as far as I know, many, but not all, Walmarts still welcome overnighters. The ability to stay at a given Walmart depends on two factors. First, the state, county, city or town may have an ordinance against parking overnight in commercial parking lots. Second, the local manager might not like RVer's and he or she bars them. Sometimes, if you ask the day manager they will say no, while the night manager is okay with it. Generally, managers recognize that overnighters will probably spend a little money so if the local laws allow it, they will too.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:29 AM   #25

We do a lot of overnight camping up and down east coast. I usually only connect electric and water the first night. I disconnect water before bed, put everything away and pull out the coffee pot and breakfast essentials, unless it a real early start, then we will eat at our first fuel stop.

I watch my tank levels and usually connect the black on the 2nd or 3rd stop depending on levels.

Less is best at each overnight, otherwise it’s exhausting!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:54 AM   #26

We did that and just had it all organized. Knowing you won't have electricity but will have gas. We stopped at a rest stop and had everything organized when we did our first stop there. We camped like we were tent camping. Gas stove. No electricity but some for lighting. We have a TT and it is our shelter. As for a coffee maker? You will have electricity for that but no television.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote