Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #1

Open Range

I was at a camper show today. They had a Light LT308BHS by Open Range. It had a very nice set-up. Anyone have first hand knowledge with this trailer. Is it a quality brand. I know Jayco owns them.

2012 Jay Flight Swift 267BHS
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab
Flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #2

I stopped in a campground down in S. Carolina last winter. A couple behind me had that unit. I asked him about it and he claimed that he loved it. I didn't ask how long they had it. I realize thats not much help!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:30 AM   #3

http://www.openrangeowners.com/ORforum/
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #4

Real nice product and the slides extend 42", love to see one. That outside deck is a nice feature for several camp sites I know.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
Site Team

They seem to be a true "4 season" RV, with R38 roof and floors available. A bit pricey so one assumes the quality is there as well. You can build and price them here:

http://www.openrangervconnection.com...ake=8&model=50
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #6

My local dealer carries both Jayco and Open Range. Has carried them both long before the purchase by Jayco. The service manager for the dealership and I have become fairly close. His negative comment about Open Range was that the company did not keep accurate records about what was used in each unit. He said that when they would go back to the company to get a replacement part, it was a regular ritual to go thru describing what that particular unit had in it. He also said it wasn't uncommon to go back after an item and find out that it was no longer available. On the other hand he said the company would go the extra mile to make a bad situation right. He had witnessed occasions when a window shade wasn't available and the company would replace them all so they would be the same. He also commented that in time, he felt Jayco would rectify that situation. Jayco has an excellent tracking system of what went into each unit. He said getting parts may take time but were always available.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote