Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Opinions on Jay Flight SLX 264 BHW

If you have or have had this unit, can you please share your opinion on it?

I'm noticing it is easy to find in my area. I would prefer a murphy bed and shorter trailer, but I think it might be functional.
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #2

Upgraded from a pop up a year ago and love ours for family of 4 and a dog. Traveled thousands of miles now and camp at least once a month. Great trailer. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #3

own one , love it and after a few mods and a bed topper,,, happy camper
jayco264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:07 AM   #4

We have had ours now for a few weeks. We upgraded from a pop up. I was initially apprehensive because of the length and towing with either a F150 2.7 eco our our Expedition. We have now camped 7 nights and towed about 450 miles. No problems at all - tows great. We got our 2018 for about 29% under MSRP with no additional dealer fees. Our dealer claimed this was one of the best sellers - they had three left when we looked and put down the deposit. 10 days later when we picked up we were told they were all sold.

We sleep 5 in ours along with two dogs. Fantastic unit - glad we selected it. We also looked at the Murphy bed units and I am glad we choose this one. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Shawn
shawnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #5

love mine. its was the price that sold me. smaller units actually cost more. Its a special deal to hook noobs into camping is what i'm told. Salesman told me most return in about 30 months to upgrade.

pros
Its lite, pulls with 1/2 ok. has ducted a/c. Full size refer. Self lighting water heater. 38 gallon black and grey tanks, 42 gallon fresh water tank. Outdoor shower.
power awning. stove and oven.

cons
hand crank jack, 2-20 lbs propane tanks, no cover.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnh View Post
We have had ours now for a few weeks. We upgraded from a pop up. I was initially apprehensive because of the length and towing with either a F150 2.7 eco our our Expedition. We have now camped 7 nights and towed about 450 miles. No problems at all - tows great. We got our 2018 for about 29% under MSRP with no additional dealer fees. Our dealer claimed this was one of the best sellers - they had three left when we looked and put down the deposit. 10 days later when we picked up we were told they were all sold.

We sleep 5 in ours along with two dogs. Fantastic unit - glad we selected it. We also looked at the Murphy bed units and I am glad we choose this one. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Shawn
Thank you. This is helpful.
May I ask what made you choose this over a murphy bed model?

Also, do you have issues finding places, especially state and national parks, that will accommodate this length of unit?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #7

We like having the bed already set up and it also has the couch so that was nice. The only place we have camped has been State Parks and the vast majority of sites are long enough for the trailer and vehicle.

I know it seems big but once you tow it a time or two you will find that it's not bad at all - you will see plenty larger at State Parks.

After using this a couple times I am very much convinced we made the right choice. From a weight perspective there was little difference between this and the ones with a Murphy bed.

There is also a wall behind the couch which gives you more of a "separate" bedroom area.

If you are towing with a 1/2 ton or full size SUV I wouldn't let the extra length bother you.

We also looked at shorter units with a slide - aside from the price still being more for the ones with a slide, they seemed to be heavier as well.

I don't think you can go wrong for the amount of camper you get for the money.

Shawn
shawnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

I will agree with others. I also went from a pop up to this unit. Its roomy, has a lot of nice features and tows easily. I have had some issues but I think they are common to most new travel trailers. As far as things like manual toung jack and LP gas cover, I agree that those things are nice to have. You can pick them up and add them for a few bucks. Its far cheaper to do it yourself. I added a power toung jack, LP gas cover, vent fan cover, bed lift and some other little things to make life easier.
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #9

We have a 2015 model of this TT. We love it for many reasons. We are from western OK and we have taken trips from here to St. Louis, the Grand Canyon, and several others to southern MO. About 10,000 miles so far. It's done great.
If you put tdk2765 and 264BHW in search, you'll see my comments where I've weighed in several times with input to questions like yours.
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #10

We've had ours for about 4 months now. So far I've put 5000 miles on it and it has towed well. I did upgrade to a Diesel truck recently due to the West Texas winds I have to pull through to get where I'm going. So far my issues have been that the circuit board on the hot water heater went out & our stereo quit working. The hot water one sucked & I can deal with the stereo. I don't think I'm even going to mess with it.

Long story short, it's a great starter RV & won't kill your pocket book. We've been very happy with it and will probably upgrade in another year or so.
bigmiketx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #11

We've had ours for about 4 months now. So far I've put 5000 miles on it and it has towed well. I did upgrade to a Diesel truck recently due to the West Texas winds I have to pull through to get where I'm going. So far my issues have been that the circuit board on the hot water heater went out & our stereo quit working. The hot water one sucked & I can deal with the stereo. I don't think I'm even going to mess with it.

Long story short, it's a great starter RV & won't kill your pocket book. We've been very happy with it and will probably upgrade in another year or so.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #12

^ When you say your stereo went out, do you mean that the head unit won't light up at all? If so, first check your 12V 15A fuse in your converter for the stereo - I'm assuming that will still be ok but still check it. Then, pull the 4 screws out of the head unit and on the back where the wires go in, there is a 10A fuse. It could be that 10A fuse is blown.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #13

Yup. The head unit won't light up. I just haven't bothered to check the fuses. Thanks for the locations of them.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
try this first, before messing with fuses .... u need to just tap the on/off (mode)button on the unit.... do not hold it in for any length of time. Should go on!

As for the floorplan, great floorplan thats been around since the second year of Jayflights back in 2003!
Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #15

we got our 2017 in June after someone's financing fell through. They sell quick. Our dealer suggested moving up to the slide out, but this one seems fine to us, family of four. It tows easily, sets up quick, has plenty of room. The construction is minimal in places. but we've had no problems. I come here for advice and input on upgrades and mods. It's a great trailer with plenty of storage. we have ours loaded with gear, so it's plug and play, minimal time needed to prepare. Never had an issue finding a place to park it, private and state campgrounds. Just make sure to plan ahead for holiday weekends and fall weekends in the Midwest to watch the trees change color.
showell3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #16

We just bought ours last weekend and set it up at a long term site we have across the state. Pulled about 150 miles with no problem, our TV is a 2017 Ram 1500. Get a topper for the mattress, but otherwise it is a great camper.

It is a 2017 model, btw. Paid $4000 less than list price, our dealer had 26 of them last October, we bought the second to last one. We got 15% off coupon in their accessories store and bought a tank cover and a few other items.

We have two children under 5, so we bought the camper to grow into.

wv264bhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #17

Great first unit

This is a very popular model we have noticed. The dealer we bought from always has 3-4 on the lot and sells them pretty quick. We bought ours in March of this year and have made a trip a month since. Have had no major issues other that the control board on the hot water heater went bad second time out. It was little annoying at first, but lived with it until we could get it fixed. It's not a heavy trailer and pulls good. We have 4 people in ours (basically 4 adults), things can be a little tight sometimes.
Maybe I notice this trailer more because I own one, but each time we have been to a campground, there have been several others there as well. While camping at the beach this summer we went to bed with an empty spot beside us. Woke the next morning, opened the door and there was another exact same unit in front of me. They arrived late that evening apparently. We haven't had any issues as of yet with the size and finding available spots, and we have been at private campgrounds and state parks.
ebenton6488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebenton6488 View Post
This is a very popular model we have noticed. The dealer we bought from always has 3-4 on the lot and sells them pretty quick. We bought ours in March of this year and have made a trip a month since. Have had no major issues other that the control board on the hot water heater went bad second time out. It was little annoying at first, but lived with it until we could get it fixed. It's not a heavy trailer and pulls good. We have 4 people in ours (basically 4 adults), things can be a little tight sometimes.
Maybe I notice this trailer more because I own one, but each time we have been to a campground, there have been several others there as well. While camping at the beach this summer we went to bed with an empty spot beside us. Woke the next morning, opened the door and there was another exact same unit in front of me. They arrived late that evening apparently. We haven't had any issues as of yet with the size and finding available spots, and we have been at private campgrounds and state parks.
Hi all. I'm just now reading all of the replies.
Hurricane Harvey poured +/- 27" of water in our house on Aug 29, and I've put a TT on the back burner.
As we make progress on our stick and brick house, we are starting to think of the dreams we had of road trips before the storm.
We are once again discussing what we want and what we think we could swing once the house is done.
I'm going to reread all the replies again.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #19

We just picked our 264bhw Baja Edition couple weeks ago. Have not had chance to use it yet.
We love the layout and the weight.
I found a nice gentlemen who gave me a price I could not pass up and thus went a little over my budget but felt I got a great deal
I tow it with my 06 Titan w tow package and pulls great

Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #20

What vehicle does everyone use to pull this trailer?
Does anyone use a Ford F150?