Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #21

Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
We had the 26BH and for a family of 5 it was a little tight as the kids grew. Went to the 28BHBE and LOVE IT!

Our exact experience as well. Family of 5 started with a 26BH and outgrew it quickly. Upgraded to a 28BHBE and loved it. It’s an awesome camper with enough room but not too big at the same time....

Your family of 4 with a dog might as well say you have a family of 5...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:05 AM   #22

We knew after buying our first trailer that a sleep 3 or 4 was not going to do it since when the hubby saw a trailer I backed into our driveway changed his mind about camping. When I traded the pop up he said he did not care about camping anymore so I went small. I lost that bet. 2 years later the RV dealer had a similiar model like the Jayco bunk model we could not get so we opted out for another brand model which I love just as much. But then realized that the car tow I also loved was not what I wanted. So this week 4 days before we head to Colorado I bought a grand cherokee limited which tows 6500 and looks like a sedan. I love it. The dealership is installing the tow package as we speak except I forgot something. The brake unit. Which is something I recommend. So I agree with everyone here. It needs to be able to go with your tow vehicle. Mine is a 2900 to 3500 weight for the trailer and the tow is a grand cherokee. The trailer is a bunk model. Our trailer 21 feet in length. I just hope 2 days before we can get the brake unit on. The dealership is not liking having to add that on as well. Happy camping and I will be seeing what you decide. O btw we will be going to Colorado with 3 dogs and 4 people. Talk about fun.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #23

Smile Trailer heaven

Just p u jayflight 33rbst for first trailer its the bomb sleeps 10 easyly, i wood start there.
Chico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #24

-Make a priority list: must have's and would be nice.
-what is the max your vehicle can safely(fuel consumption, engine strain, tongue weight ) tow
- where are you going to store it, when not in use.
Johnnymailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #25

If your budget allows go for a fiver, tows much nicer!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #26

We went with an 18 28BHBE, the large u shaped was a must for me (I’m 6’4). We brought the kids (4 and 7) with us to get a feel for a full house. We also have a 90lb hound, this trailer will give us plenty of room as the kids grow and they love the bunks. We also got the bigger fridge, propane tanks and 80 gallon fresh water capacity
Sledahead is offline   Reply With Quote