Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

order information on new purchase

The order for our new 32BHDS went in on Feb. 17th. We received a call from our RV dealer telling us our unit would come off the line on April 2nd and we would be able to take delivery 7 to 10 days after that. We live in Maryland so from Jayco to Maryland. This may give others who are waiting an idea as to when their units may be ready as well.
mhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #2

That's annoying... we ordered January 30th and were told 6 weeks to take delivery. That will be Saturday. We still haven't heard anything...

We were hoping to be camping by April 3...
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
That's annoying... we ordered January 30th and were told 6 weeks to take delivery. That will be Saturday. We still haven't heard anything...

call your dealer and demand some answers
mhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #4

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuntington View Post
call your dealer and demand some answers
Your dealer should get the Vin# as soon as it's scheduled for production so definitely call.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #5

My dealer said they won't have the vin till it is ready to ship. Mine was supposed to come off the line last Friday. I was hoping to have the VIN today and hear if it has shipped. No word yet. I don't hear by tomorrow they will get a call. Mine has taken a lot longer than I was told as well. I was told 4 weeks We are coming up on 6
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #6

We got ours a few days after it was built. Our order took almost 12 weeks but that included the Christmas shutdown.
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #7

Quote:

I'm under the impression Jayco batches up production runs by model. So it isn't as simply as JF 32BHDS was ordered on specific date and built that every orde placed prior would have been built before. Now if you ordered a 32BHDS that would really be annoying.

Call you dealer. They know what is going. Are you certain they placed the order on the factory on 1/30 too?
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I'm under the impression Jayco batches up production runs by model. So it isn't as simply as JF 32BHDS was ordered on specific date and built that every orde placed prior would have been built before. Now if you ordered a 32BHDS that would really be annoying.

Call you dealer. They know what is going. Are you certain they placed the order on the factory on 1/30 too?
That is correct. We ordered ours in November but they weren't going to build a batch of our floor plan until the end of January. We bought a jay flight 32 ibts.
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #9

On a tour last summer we were told that Jayco likes to schedule builds in batches of 6 units on the Eagle Premier/ Pinnacle production line. That probably is the policy on other lines too. Sometimes they will add a spec unit to the build to get the 6, other times they wait for orders to accumulated before they schedule a model. It would seem that that could significantly affect the time between ordering and receiving a unit. More popular models might be delivered faster than a slower selling model. Our unit took about 8 weeks between order and delivery.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #10

I ordered mine in December. It came off the line 2 1/2 weeks ago according to my dealer. Still waiting for it to be delivered here in Florida. I am really hoping to get the call this week it is at the dealership. I am more than ready to see it and have it delivered to me. As soon as I hear it is at dealership, I will drive down to inspect it there. My contract is for them to deliver it to me as I am more than an hour's drive away and do not have a vehicle capable of towing mine. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I will call my dealer.
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #11

My wife had it on her list of things to do today to call the dealer. At 9am he called her and said it was finished and waiting for delivery. Perhaps I misheard or was misinformed when I thought we would be notified BEFORE it was built. Either way, it is still technically on schedule for delivery by this week... but I doubt it makes it from Indiana to Pennsylvania and gets PDI by the dealer and is ready for pickup Saturday.

Our first trip is scheduled for April 2... so hopefully we get it in time!!!

OP, where did you end up purchasing from? We went to Keystone RV in Greencastle.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #12

Quote:
My wife had it on her list of things to do today to call the dealer. At 9am he called her and said it was finished and waiting for delivery.
We're still waiting on ours too. We ordered on Jan 25th. I'll have to call my salesman tomorrow to see if he has any info for us. We are very anxious to start having fun!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #13

You folks are killing me, with a month of freezing before I can dewinterize and go here lol.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #14

well good luck to all who have ordered ... all I can say is be nice but continue to call and ask about it ,,, if you don't they aren't thinking about you . by the time we finally got mine I had the personal cell phone number of the manager
Old 03-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #15

We ordered ours on Feb 14 and there was a voicemaill from the dealer just today to set up an appointment for the demo and walkthrough. At the time we ordered it, they said four to six weeks. I haven't called the dealer back yet so I don't know if the unit is actually in, but we're not planning four first trip for another two months yet. We'll probably make the appointment for mid-April.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #16

I am hoping to get the call from my dealer this week. The dealer told me the computer showed Jayco had transferred my unit to the transport company on 3/6. Tomorrow will be 10 days, so if I don't hear from the dealer by around noon, I am planning on calling them.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #17

We got our call on the 9th... haven't heard about transport yet. The dealer said it should be there within 2 weeks, which would be the 23rd. Hopefully it gets there by then and they do PDI and we get it that weekend. We have our first trip planned for April 3... just need the trailer!!!

Dawn309... we've got THREE min pins! Great dogs!!!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #18

Quote:
We got our call on the 9th... haven't heard about transport yet. The dealer said it should be there within 2 weeks, which would be the 23rd. Hopefully it gets there by then and they do PDI and we get it that weekend. We have our first trip planned for April 3... just need the trailer!!!

Dawn309... we've got THREE min pins! Great dogs!!!
I love my Min Pin. She is so energetic compared to my other dogs. LOL. I don't know that I could do 3 of them.

I got the call this morning. My new rig is at dealership. I go Wednesday to dao the inspection, sign paperwork and schedule delivery! I am so excited.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn309 View Post
...snip...
I got the call this morning. My new rig is at dealership. I go Wednesday to dao the inspection, sign paperwork and schedule delivery! I am so excited.
Glad your waiting and wondering is DONE!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:52 AM   #20

We ordered our camper the 2nd week of January. We found out this past weekend that it is expected to roll off the assembly line April 9th.