Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Smile Ordered a new Jay Flight 23RB

Ordered our new 23RB on Sunday. Could have gotten a 2016 on the lot, but it had leatherette and we wanted cloth, so had to order. And since we're ordering it will be a 2017. Had every kind of rig you could imagine, camping since I was 5. This will be the first TT for my husband. We're coming off a high-wall pop up, which we loved, however, once son #3 went off to college and we had to do the set up ourselves, we realized we were getting too old for this and time to upgrade. Now I have to have patience to wait 2 months..................
Square Dance Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new TT and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #3

We love our 2015 23RB which was a downsize from a TT about 30 ft. long. I'm sure you will have many more memorable trips in this one. Happy camping!
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

We have a Starcraft 235fb, which is an exact twin of the Jayco 23rb.
Funny on the Starcraft the fb stands for front bedroom while on the Jayco the rb stands for rear bathroom.

We love the set up. It is perfect for just my wife and me. Big enough and with lots of storage, but small enough to get into smaller camping sites in state parks and national forests. We also got the 80 gallow FW tank capacity which is nice when boondocking.

I hope you enjoy your new Jayco! Happy camping.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

We ordered a 28RBDS on Saturday. You are going to be getting in to my factory time! :-)
Quit ordering campers people!!!

By the way, why the cloth over the Leatherette?
smg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #6

Congrats! We ordered our 23RB on Feb 22nd. Haven't heard a peep from the dealer since so I'm assuming it's still going to be a 2016. Hopefully we'll get it soon.

Best of luck with yours!
JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #7

In answer to smg0413, the leatherette reminded me of "pleather", felt like I was sitting on plastic. If I"m going to sit on "leather" it's going to be real leather!
And since the remaining child at home (15) is going to have to sleep on the couch, I figured it would be warmer/softer to have the cloth.
Now we just have to sell the popup...................

Old 04-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #8

I was curious, did you ever get any feedback from your dealer for the timing? I can not wait to get my new trailer!!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:07 PM   #9

Nothing yet. They had said 2 months and that was April 10th. Wish it would come in before Memorial Day Weekend, but we'll see.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #10

I ordered my 23RB on Feb 22 but dealer didn't place order until Feb 29th. We were told 4-8 weeks... But "maybe 12 weeks."

I got the call on April 18 (my birthday!) that it had arrived at the dealer!!! We went and took a look at it a few days later and the dealer let us play in it for a few minutes.

It hadn't been cleaned well yet and we did notice a few minor items (bubble in backsplash decal, scratch in wood on the refrigerator insert, no revolving plate in microwave or sink covers) that we plan to bring up during the PDI next week. Hopefully they do a good job prepping it for delivery and notice those items themselves.

Unfortunately, I had no idea when it would be coming in so I was hesitant to make campground reservations... And now everything halfway decent close by is booked solid until Fall.

Good luck to those still waiting!!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #11
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #12

Have standing reservations every year Memorial Day and Labor Day. If the new trailer makes it in, great. If not, and we haven't sold the popup yet, we'll take that. If it sells and the new one is not here, we'll throw a tent on the ground. After all the point is to GO CAMPING!

Old 04-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #13

Did you check to see if the micro table and sink covers were somewhere else in the TT? Lots of times they store them somewhere for delivery.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Did you check to see if the micro table and sink covers were somewhere else in the TT? Lots of times they store them somewhere for delivery.
They probably were there somewhere. The tv was in the box and the LP tank cover was in next to the bed. We just made a mental note to make sure they are there when we do the PDI next week.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #15

We ordered our 23RB on February 12th and got last Tuesday April 24th. Yes we still got a 2016. The microwave plate & roller ring, sink covers and charger for the remote where in the blue vinyl Jayco pouch with all the documentation. Yea, that fake tile decal over the sink on ours has bubbles too, the dealer ordered a new one. We had a few minor things which the dealer took care of right away. We got the Mineral colored micro fiber, the elite package and the thermal package.

We have been tent campers on and off for 38 years. My Parents had a popup while I was growing up. This is our first travel trailer. We took out our new TT for a shake down run this past weekend to the local state park. Nothing new to report, all went well. My wife now wishes there was a pantry in the kitchen area. The dog (English Springier Spaniel) is kind of perplexed and doesn't know where to go. She's always in the way.

Going to get new locks for the storage compartments tomorrow. If you don't know it, pretty much every storage compartment lock on every RV uses a lock with the identical CH751 keying.

Pauls72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #16

Pauls72,

Looks great and good luck with it! Thanks for the report and the headsup on where some of the stuff was stored for transport!!

If you don't mind me asking, why are they replacing the "backsplash" and not just heating it and spreading the bubbles out?

Where are you ordering the new locks from?

We have two small (8 and 10 lb) dogs, so hopefully they aren't in the way as much although that is a concern for us. We're supposed to go the end of the week for our PDI so hopefully I can report back soon!
Old 05-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSheldon View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why are they replacing the "backsplash" and not just heating it and spreading the bubbles out?

Where are you ordering the new locks from?
I have no idea why they are choosing to order a new backsplash. It does have a fair number of bubbles and ripples. We are going to look at getting a piece of laminate from one of the big box lumber yards to match the counter top and put that up as a real backsplash.

I drove over to this place this morning, I paid $4.09 each, the sku #18 3045.
Factory RV Surplus
I wouldn't really call them an RV Surplus place, just an RV parts dealer. There are several to chose from in the area.

Paul
Pauls72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Dance Camper View Post
Nothing yet. They had said 2 months and that was April 10th. Wish it would come in before Memorial Day Weekend, but we'll see.

I don't know if you have any updates. I got a call from my dealer on May 24th. They said my unit is scheduled to be built the last week of June, but if it's not done that week, the factory shuts down the 1st week of July, so I would not likely get it until after 7/11.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #19

talked to the dealer today, ours is due to ship to them on 7/15. Lots of people ordered new trailers this spring!!