Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #41

My local dealer matched my quoted price from that website. Just be aware if your dealer won't match it or come close you will have to drive for delivery to SoCal.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:30 PM   #42

I am from Northern California as well. This is a very similar story to mine of last month. My local Sacramento dealer was off-putting and unwilling to negotiate. I drove an hour south to Manteca and they price matched a wholesale quote.

I got the exact build I wanted; there won't be hundreds of people who have been in the coach; I got the price I wanted and most importantly I felt like I was welcome there.

If the other dealership that is "an hour 20 minutes away" is Manteca, I recommend giving them a shot.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
My local dealer matched my quoted price from that website. Just be aware if your dealer won't match it or come close you will have to drive for delivery to SoCal.
Oh you totally rock! Thank you for that website. I just got my quote back from them. MSRP for my option package is $36,244.00. They said they can custom build to my specifications for $27,965.00. I just have to pick up in Southern California, which I have no problems doing so for that price.
TwoBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtcardoso View Post
I am from Northern California as well. This is a very similar story to mine of last month. My local Sacramento dealer was off-putting and unwilling to negotiate. I drove an hour south to Manteca and they price matched a wholesale quote.

I got the exact build I wanted; there won't be hundreds of people who have been in the coach; I got the price I wanted and most importantly I felt like I was welcome there.

If the other dealership that is "an hour 20 minutes away" is Manteca, I recommend giving them a shot.
Yes that dealer is Manteca. If they can match that price, I would love to give them my business. Thanks for the recommendation.

How long did it take for your TT to arrived?
Old 03-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #45

I placed my order only two weeks ago. 8-10 weeks was what they told us. I think that is their stock answer.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtcardoso View Post
I placed my order only two weeks ago. 8-10 weeks was what they told us. I think that is their stock answer.
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably order mine in the middle of next month. Just want to finish paying uncle sam first. I'm so happy that with all my options, I'll be paying under $30k for it. Very happy I joined this forum and got some helpful hints from forum members, especially in this thread.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #47

Congrats!!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:44 AM   #48

From Pan Pacific web site... Still you need to add 3k for freight to West Coast, so I am thinking about picking up closer to the factory and arrange for some vacations around this.

Our Price Match Promise to Our Customers...
Pan Pacific RV Centers, Inc. guarantees to meet any Internet or local price from an authorized dealer of the RV brands we carry. Simply provide us with the site URL or an official quote on dealer letterhead and we'll match our competitor's price, dollar for dollar. Price Matching applies to product pricing only, and does not apply to shipping costs or tax and license or prep fees.

Price Matching cannot be combined with any other offers. Customers must provide verifiable proof of the lower price prior to purchasing. Proof includes URLs from authorized dealers or official quotes on authorized dealer letterhead.

Pan Pacific RV Centers, Inc. reserves the right to deny any Price Match claims if we cannot independently verify the lower price or Authorized Dealer status with complete certitude.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #49

Coach, thanks for your input again. I was hoping you would read this and provide some insight because you live in the general area.

It's very simple, either the dealer wants your money, or they don't. You decide what's best for you.

TwoBit, at least you have some info to take to your local dealer to see what they will do, or you have other options for your purchase.

Wireman
Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #50

Two Bit, also keep in mind when you order next month you may get involved in the switch over to the 2017 model year by the time yours is built.

You can check with Jayco directly or there factory west coast rep. I've been told the switch to the new model year usually starts with the class "C" units, then TT's later.

Not sure how accurate this is, but something to think about.

Bradw, sorry, I didn't look at the date of this post and thought it was new. I thought you had placed your order awhile back.

Old timers disease strikes again. Wireman
Old 03-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Two Bit, also keep in mind when you order next month you may get involved in the switch over to the 2017 model year by the time yours is built.

You can check with Jayco directly or there factory west coast rep. I've been told the switch to the new model year usually starts with the class "C" units, then TT's later.

Not sure how accurate this is, but something to think about.

Bradw, sorry, I didn't look at the date of this post and thought it was new. I thought you had placed your order awhile back.

Old timers disease strikes again. Wireman
Oh man I wonder if that's a good or bad thing? Wouldn't they have some info on the 2017's on their website before hand? Wondering if prices would go up at all and what changes if any are.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #52

I am waiting for White Hawk 28DSBH 2017. Jayco confirmed that the proto’s of 28DSBH 2017 should start showing up in the schedule next week for April / May production.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #53

I just emailed Jayco directly regarding this cut over.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #54

We placed an order for the 27DSRL on March 19. Our dealer notified us that we will be getting a 2017, no price difference from the 2016. Told it should be delivered in 8 to 12 weeks. Hope we have it by the end of May.
ewh211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #55
Site Team

I have often wondered why the dealers do not order these larger units with the 15K AC. Its only a 140.00 MSRP option, a little over 100.00 after average MSRP discounts. If you have to switch one out its much more expensive to do so after the fact. When I ordered mine it was a no brainer, spend the 100 bucks for the bigger AC.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I have often wondered why the dealers do not order these larger units with the 15K AC. Its only a 140.00 MSRP option, a little over 100.00 after average MSRP discounts. If you have to switch one out its much more expensive to do so after the fact. When I ordered mine it was a no brainer, spend the 100 bucks for the bigger AC.
Yup agreed!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewh211 View Post
We placed an order for the 27DSRL on March 19. Our dealer notified us that we will be getting a 2017, no price difference from the 2016. Told it should be delivered in 8 to 12 weeks. Hope we have it by the end of May.
Ah ok....that's good to know. However I'm wondering if there are any color scheme/ graphics changes to the exterior. I like the 2016 color scheme. Wasn't crazy for the 2015, so hopefully 2017 is better.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #58

We bought our 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL and began enjoying the comfort of the rear lounge reclining chairs. This year, only three years later, the material on the head rests is deteriorating and flaking off. Jayco and our dealer, Apache Village in St. Louis, MO, tells us there is no warranty on “cosmetic” items. I would think quality is important for Jayco. They promote quality on their website.
LarryLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLT View Post
We bought our 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL and began enjoying the comfort of the rear lounge reclining chairs. This year, only three years later, the material on the head rests is deteriorating and flaking off. Jayco and our dealer, Apache Village in St. Louis, MO, tells us there is no warranty on “cosmetic” items. I would think quality is important for Jayco. They promote quality on their website.
I've wondered what the lifespan would be for ours. They're actually pretty comfy. To bad they don't last any longer than 3 years.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote