Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

Ordering a 338

Long story short we had one of the first 338RLTS's and really liked but had an accident and ended up selling it. We bought another trailer and really miss the 338 so I've decided to sell the trailer and order a 338 that has what i want on it.

I want to get an opinion on a couple of things;

1. Dual pane windows?

We live in Texas and we stay in the trailer about 90 nights a year, I use it for business and also recreation. we use it very little in the summer and a lot in fall, winter and spring. Keeping a trailer warm is a challenge and so is condensation and wanted some idea if the dual pane is worth the investment?

2. Upgrade to 16" tires.

Kinda no brainer, heavy trailer better tires.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #2

We ordered them for our Eagle and I suppose there's some benefit. But if given the chance I'd take the thousand $ or so back that they cost because I don't see any difference between them and our single pane windows on our previous trailer. IMO the fact that the insulation in the rest of the unit is poor way offsets any help those windows offer. They probably would help in the best of the "4 season" brands.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #3

I ordered them on my last 2 Eagles. I think they do make a difference. The 16" tire upgrade was not an option on the 2015s. If they were I would have ordered them also because I believe they are made by Maxxis.