Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #1

Ordering Jayco 36BHDS

Hello Everyone,

We are new to the forum and soon to be new Jayco 36BHDS owners. Anyone have/had a 36BHDS? Any information good/bad would be appreciated. We are going to place it on a seasonal spot (does not have to move in the winter) on the Chesapeake Bay, we are very excited. We have camped in the campground for several weekends and believe this will be a great fit for our family.

It came down to the Jayco 36BHDS and 40BHS. While we really like the 40BHS it was slightly over what we wanted to spend and we want to be able to up and move to a new spot if desired or if the job takes use elsewhere.

Our plan is to put a patio in that is in 4x8 sections, so that it is portable. In addition, I am thinking of using lattice for skirting (the campground requires skirting). If anyone else has a similar set up I welcome any suggestions and as we start setting up our site in April I will be posting pictures and lessons learned for everyone to read/see.

Oh our background with travel trailer experience. We started with a Pop Up and moved to a non-jayco TT in 2008. We have put 1,000's of miles on our TT and loved every minute of it (we are going to keep our other TT at least for this year, we would still like to travel up and down the east coast, we will see how having 2 works out). My job allows us to up and go for 2-3 weeks at a time a few times a year. Why the transition to a seasonal spot you ask? As our kids are getting older, it is harder to pack up, hook up, and drive several hours to camp after sports/events on Saturday mornings. Hence, we have decided on a seasonal spot that is about 40 minutes away where we can turn the light on when we get there and turn them off when we leave and use our other TT to make weekend trips for a change of scenery.

I am looking forward to sharing experiences with everyone in the forum.

Andy

2008 Ford Expedition
1996 Ford Bronco
2008 Non-Jayco Travel Trailer
2006 Stingray 195CS
2013 36BHDS Ordered Dec 11, impatiently waiting....
morrisaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading your updates. Sounds like a well though out plan. IMHO, there is no better material investment for quality family time, than an RV. I hope your new Jayco gives your family many years of great memories together.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #3

We have a 2012 36BHDS Jayco and just love it. What sold us, well the DW, was the queen bed slide out, door into the rear bedroom, large bathroom, and yes, three people will fit, full size refrigerator w/ ice maker, the sliding glass door and the "U" shaped dinnette. We have a 12 X 28 deck that just fits door to door with some to spare. Built two sets of stairs with handrails for both doors, eliminates a lot of the bounce.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #4

Thanks Canuckowner and Paflyfisher! Pictures to follow as we begin our new camping journey...

2008 Ford Expedition
1996 Ford Bronco
2006 Stingray 195CS
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #5

We placed the order today, now the waiting game....

2008 Ford Expedition
1996 Ford Bronco
2006 Stingray 195CS
Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisaaf View Post
We placed the order today, now the waiting game....
Picking up ours on Fri. this week. We will bring it home and park it under the building until spring because the campground our seasonal spot is at doesn't turn the utilities back on until early spring. Who knows we might sneak a trip to our favorite state park before then.
THABULL is offline   Reply With Quote