Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #1

Our Maiden Voyage!

First time out, no issues except having to leave the campsite and go home to reality!Click image for larger version

Name:	22FB.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	4519
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #2

Love the powered awning and the aluminum wheels... looks great

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks Quahog, and yes that's my wife keeping on eye on weather radar. Kinda makes us worry with our new unit. I guess I need to go ahead and put a dent in it somewhere to break it in and we want worry so much!!! LOL
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #4

On our maiden voyage 2 weekends ago we were staying at the Yogi in Millbrook, IL when a severe thunderstorm came through the very first night. Reminded me of the scene in Twister at the drive in. Luckily I had radar on my iPhone and was able to get everything packed away. That storm shook the camper like it was a carnival ride. One city north in Plano, IL they had a micro burst which did some hefty damage. Then that Sunday night a Durecho came through the Chicagoland area and wrecked havoc though my neighborhood. Luckily where we were we only got a light rain shower. The ride home was interesting. Lots of downed trees. We had no power for 2 days. My wife came up with the idea to create an adapter cord for our generator to power the camper so we had air conditioning. This was the start of last week when we were over 100 deg each day. The generator had a 50 amp socket so I created an extension cord with the 50 amp on 1 side and the 30 amp (110v) on the other. Ran the camper like a dream and we were nice and cool that night. Great way to break in the camper.
biester26 is offline   Reply With Quote