Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #1

Cool Our new 2013 Whit Hawk and 1st impressions

We finally made our decision and pulled the trigger on a new white hawk 28dsbh. Got it Saturday and after a couple of hours transferring everything over from our previous camper, we were off for a one night get acquainted trip. First off, this camper pulls like a dream! Pulls so much easier than our jayflight 26bh despite being 800lbs heavier. We loved the space and amenities of this camper. The chill n store fridge is a nice touch except the BBQ grill is on the opposite end of the trailer hmm. The tv is awesome as well as the stereo. AC worked perfect and froze us out of the camper however it was only in the mid to low 80s.
My only real complaints are that I don't think that my equalizer bars were put on correctly because it grinds and makes noises during turns. Also, when I ran the auto stabilizers back up, one of the carriage bolts broke off and it was rusted through! How is that even possible? While I was under it, it seemed like there was salt stuck to everything and I'm gonna have to scrub it clean soon before I have more issues. I failed to get under the camper during my orientation so shame on me. Overall I think it will be a nice trailer we shall see.
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

Congrats on the new 28DSBH.

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.73 (traded)
2005 Jayco 1207 (second PUP)
1976 Coleman Brandywine (first PUP)
katgar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #3

Thanks, it's a beautiful camper. Can't wait to go out in it again.
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #4

Our new 2013 Whit Hawk and 1st impressions

Congrats on the new trailer! I hope you love it as much we do ours.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #5

Just returned from our maiden trip in the new 2014 30DSRE and we love it. Have personalized with pictures and previously acquired trip memories and racks to make the odd shaped pantry WORK. Kind of popped a corner piece of paneling loose when I closed the kitchen slide and caught a waste can that had slipped during travel. Beefed it up a little [both corners] and used a hot glue gun to get everything back in place. Still playing with the inside storage plan but DW is in charge of that. Only issue so far is we found that this TT sits much higher than our previous model [3 steps vs 2] and with the door closer to the front its important to select a site that is level or drops off to the rear so that when you level, you drop the nose and end up with less of a reach to the first step. Had to use a portable 4th step to bridge the gap from the ground to step #1. Love the 30" door and LED awning light. Only neg with the awning lite is that if left on, it seemed to attract bugs over the entrance that get inside when you take the dogs out. Didn't have that problem with the old style single light on the side of the TT. On the other hand, you might be able to play tennis on the front patio with the LED strip.

Congrats on joining the White Hawk family.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #6

Congrats on the new camper! We just got a 28DSBH as well. We LOVE the layout and storage, and its tows alot better than we expected.

Previous camper-2010 Starcraft Travel Star Sport 175RK
Previous TV-2008 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
NHcamper is offline   Reply With Quote