Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #1

Our new 274CKDS arrived today

The TT came in a little sooner than expected and forecast by the dealer, but it finally made it! Not a long wait really, it was ordered 12/1 and came off the line on 2/15, so 11 weeks. Our previous TT, a Lance, was ordered in September 2014 and came in January 2015, so this was built somewhat quicker. Maybe they are finally catching up on their backlog. It will be a week or so before we do our PDI which will give the dealer a chance to clean it up and do their PDI also. They also need to get the slide topper on, as well as a few other things. Our price was exactly 20% off MSRP, plus the sales tax and $765 road use tax. As others have posted, this is a sellers market right now and the 30% off that I got on previous units is a lot harder to come by these days. We'll see how it comes through the PDI--it appears that it was built over 2 days for the most part, those being a Friday and a Monday!
CTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #2

Congrats, it's going to be a long week.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT View Post
We'll see how it comes through the PDI--it appears that it was built over 2 days for the most part, those being a Friday and a Monday!
You should be in control of that, if not WRONG DEALER.......They need to go everything with you no matter how long it takes...and
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #4

They will do their PDI, mine is completely separate from theirs. I'll let them does theirs first and then I'll know how well they checked everything.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #5

Make sure you have good airflow from EVERY ceiling vent and floor register. Make sure the furance is hot, and the A/C is cold. Also get on top and carefully inspect the roof for any irregularities, such as wrinkles, bubbles, or poor sealant coverage around any roof protrusion. ANY items that are on the fix it list MUST be fixed before you take delivery. Anything that you do not fully understand, have them explain it again while you take a video of the explanation. Take your time.

Oh, and congratulations and happy camping!

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #6

Interested to see your PDI findings. I have mine on the 11th and am building a long list
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #7

Congratulations! We ordered ours 20 Jan, hoping to get it in May (fingers crossed).
Getting 2nd AC, dual pane windows, auto level, 16" wheels, 12V fridge.

If you are out with the unit and looking it over I would be interested in the hitch height (ground to top of coupler when level).

Thanks and enjoy your 274CKDS.
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:51 PM   #8

Mine has the 15 inch wheels, I failed to order the 16 inch wheels, so that will make a 1/2 inch lower height difference. I will PM you Wxman when I can measure it. My dealer is swamped prepping units and they just got mine cleaned up from the trip down from Indiana. They started inspecting it and the owner didn't like the black portion of the front cap, not finished to his satisfaction. They contacted Jayco and was authorized to have it repainted, so today it went to a local auto paint shop and due back in a week. It was picked up by the transporter when it was covered with snow and he could not tell that the factory paint job was not correctly applied. So, another week before I can get into it. They have my dual group 31 batteries, boxes, slide toppers and hitch there ready for the install.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #9

Oh wow! Just within reach and it gets yanked away. Got to feel good they wanted to take care of it without prodding from you. Hope all goes well.
Thanks for the input and I will look forward to hearing more when you get the unit home.

Wxman
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 03-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #10

congrats, I am looking at the same model and I'm gonna watch to see how you fare. as others have said, take your time on your walk thru. Enjoy.
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #11

My new trailer finally got back from the paint shop today and I did my first walk-through. The paint shop did a great job repainting the front cap--looks like the paint job on a car. My wife and I did a thorough inspection and I have to admit I was really surprised at what I found. After reading all the posts with complaints about factory screw-ups I was expecting to fill my legal pad with corrections to be made.
I found exactly 3 things so far. Three. On the roof someone stepped on the self-leveling sealant on the top center of the cap joint and also next to the Winegard antenna. Very thin sealant where they stepped. The final thing was a broken screw head on a hinge for a cabinet door on one of the cabinets over the sofa. There is the usual amount of construction dust and left-over screws scattered in a corner here or there, but not bad. The dealer will start working on it tomorrow and I will pick it up next Tuesday. They had not touched it since it was delivered, and they had quite a backlog to finish getting ready and out the door. I didn't get the hitch height for Wxman, the trailer wasn't in a flat area and the whole trailer was on a slope so I didn't extend the stabilizers all the way down or try to level it. Overall, I would say that I was pleased with the overall quality as it was delivered to the dealer.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #12
Site Team

Good to hear, and congratulations! You must be excited and anxious to get her home.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #13

Congrats!

Make sure you check all the plumbing. We just got back from our first trip. Had several fittings dripping water into the pass-through and soaking the wood. Unacceptable build quality IMO.

Here is the link to our issue.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...hok-85032.html
ShiverMeTimbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:02 PM   #14

Rinse out the fresh water tank of all of the plastic cuttings so it doesn't foul the pump.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:52 PM   #15

I checked all but the plumbing yesterday, so that is on my list for Tuesday prior to picking it up. They were prepping three units yesterday and ran out of hoses and faucets, and I was a bit too far away from the service area. Good information though, and I will definitely be removing some panels so that I can see any drips or slow leaks. Why wouldn't they tighten the connections when they had their hands on them? Makes no sense to me.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:36 PM   #16

Did you ever get it home?? How were all the details at delivery??
Anxious to hear mine is on the way, but no news yet.
Hope you get a chance to enjoy the new unit in short order.
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 03-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #17

It is home, my neighbor picked it up on Tuesday. I was in the hospital Monday night with a kidney stone--great timing for that. I didn't feel comfortable trying to do that myself since I got no sleep tin the hospital with the pain. I didn't get the measurements for you because he had it hooked up and parked on a slight hill by the time I got through with all the paperwork. Towed it home for me and parked it at my house in a really uneven area, so I still can't measure it. Anyway, after a thorough PDI by my wife and I and another by the service department I must say that I really expected to find more wrong with a new trailer. I found three minor items, which they corrected, and they had the front cap repainted and it looks great. I am pleased with Miles RV in Hendersonville, NC as well as Jayco on the initial quality and lack of problems to be corrected. I hope yours comes in the same.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:03 AM   #18

Great news on the delivery. Sorry you couldn’t enjoy it more. Get well and get camping. I still have a couple months to figure everything out.
We are out in the current TT for first time with new TV right now. I do think the truck needs more camper.
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Old 03-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #19

I have the same model (2020)! I love mine! I have had no big issues with it, just a few easy to fix little things!

Let me know how you like it...congrats!!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:17 PM   #20
cnk

274ckds hitch measurement?

Did anyone ever post the hitch height (ground to top of coupler when level) on a 274CKDS?
We don't have access to our trailer at the moment, but are fairly certain, since we got a new truck, that we'll need a different shank before we can pick it up.

If anyone can share the hitch measurement it would be much appreciated.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote