Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #1

outdoor kitchen door problem

Does anyone with a 33rbts or with another model have this problem. First let me say, this is driving me crazy. If I use my rear stabilizer jacks, i cant open the out door kitchen door . It gets stuck in the frame. I'm only using the stabilizer jack just to touch the ground but it seems the tiniest touch to the ground sends the door out of alinement. Like the frame of the trailer is twisting. The trailer is leveled, was done with a laser line level and I also check the levelness with my own levels. Does anyone have any ideas? If the stabilizer jacks are up the door works fine with no problem.

Thanks
Hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #2

That sucks, I don't have this problem on my 26RK. I have seen all sorts of things get stuck when the jacks go down...doors, slides, cabinet doors that won't latch properly. As you said the frame of the trailer twists and puts your door in a bind.

That is a very large door on that kitchen and I think the hinge is built into the frame, so not much adjustability.

Is your trailer under warranty? If so...get the dealer and Jayco to fix it. If not, then I'd probably get it to where it binds up and get a very small thin pry bar in the gap and start working it around towards the bind point very gently. Try and slightly bend the aluminum channel apart enough that it stops binding.
Attached Thumbnails
prybar.jpg  

venoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #3

I recommend taking this to a dealer or service center. It sounds like either an adjustment with the door or possibly the door might need resitted. Worst case is a new door if the door might be warped too.
JaycoChix89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #4

We have the same issue though I can put just a bit of weight on the Stabilizer. Just not too much. This is obviously a design flaw. If you cant even put any weight on the jack you should probably take it to the dealer before your warranty runs out.
Badamache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #5

Sorry to hear that. That really stinks.
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote