Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2021, 02:47 PM   #1

outer skylight size for 2015 jayco x213???

ive tried searching for a while and cant find the size of the skylight cover/outer skylight for the bathroom for my 2015 jayco x213..

anyone know? or know where i can find a manual of some sort with all dimenions for parts on this certain travel trailer?
broseph13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #2

I think sky lights are usually 14x14 or 14x28 or really close. Maybe someone else will have exact numbers.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #3

yea we had a harsh snow storm and its all icy snowy frozen over and mixed with the old dicor its hard to see it and just measure
broseph13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:09 AM   #4

You don’t really want to try to do that replacement during cold weather. Dicor would be a bitch to remove. I assume you mention it for purposes of measurement only…
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:07 AM   #5

When you do replace....DO NOT use the dealer's acrylic product. Acrylic (plexiglass) does not have any resistance to UV, therefore it turns both yellow-orange and brittle. Usually in less than one summer.

The wise choice.....Purchase a skylight made from Lexan. Lexan is strong enough that you can walk on it. Lexan has inherent UV blocking and doesn't deteriorate from it. Lexan doesn't discolor.(mine are 3 yrs old and crystal clear) When I replaced both of my skylights....Lexan was cheaper in my case, yours may be different, but you definitely get a superior solution. There are several on the interweb who offer Lexan replacements once you know your size. Most all send them with sealant and screws as part of the deal.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #6

If I remember correctly, a company by the name of Icon makes most of them. Try their website.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #7

My skylight was broken by a low hanging limb and I temp-patched it with eternabond tape. I’d suggest measuring it to get the correct dimensions. Look over a some of the manufacturer/vendor sites to see how to measure, in addition to length/width there is a flange measurement and dome height and shape. The lexan suggestion is a good idea. The reason I suggest taking your own measurements as Jayco may have changed dimensions during a year’s production run. Removing the inner dome will give you access to the outer dome and you can get dimensions of everything except the flange. I’ve got my replacement sitting in the garage waiting on me to install. There are also some YouTube vids showing “how-to”.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:45 AM   #8

I would think that if you cannot find the exact matching dome, you may end up having to replace the inner dome because of the dome shape difference.

Tags
jayco, skylight, travel, window, x213