Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Outside light

Hi everyone I have a 2017 Jayco Whitehawk 24RKS and there is a light on the same side as the slide but i can't figure out how to turn it on . There is a switch at the bottom of my control panel that doesn't do anything which I think is for that light but it won't work . I am wondering if maybe the light is not connected , has anyone else ran into this . If so what did you find and how did you fix it .
tech109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech109 View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2017 Jayco Whitehawk 24RKS and there is a light on the same side as the slide but i can't figure out how to turn it on . There is a switch at the bottom of my control panel that doesn't do anything which I think is for that light but it won't work . I am wondering if maybe the light is not connected , has anyone else ran into this . If so what did you find and how did you fix it .
MY WHITEHAWK HAD THE AWNING LED STRIP WITH THE LIGHT ON THE SLIDE SIDE ON SAME SWITCH .I CHANGED AROUND THE WIRING BEHIND THE CONTROL PANEL TO HAVE THAT SLIDE LIGHT COME ON WITH MY STEP LIGHT
WAS EASY TO DO. IF YOUR HANDY YOU CAN REMOVE PANEL AND LOOK behind for loose wire
ShortCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

Check in the bedroom for a switch on the wall next to the bed. I have one there as well as one next to the awning LED lights in the control panel.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #4

Out side light

Thanks so much for the replys to my question I will check for another switch or open the panel to check the wiring.
tech109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #5

I have the opposite issue. I picked up my Octane 222SL and during the PDI on the control panel there was a rocker on/off switch that as far as anyone could tell turned on nothing!
I requested the electrical schematic from Jayco and when I got it that switch was supposed to be wired to a non-door side porch light........NO LIGHT WAS INSTALLED.
The issue now is are the wires behind the spot on the side wall there or not. Because if they are not there or easily snagged trying to run wire to the switch (which is wired) could prove disruptive to the wall integrity. So as of now no porch light.

1992-2010 Jayco 1401 93 GMC Sub
2018-20?? 2019 Jayco Octane 222SL 18 Silverado 1500
Gogrampa is offline   Reply With Quote