Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #1

Outside satellite output

I have browsed some of the posts on here and haven't been able to find what I am looking for just yet. We just bought a new camper which is a 2014 33RLDS. This past weekend we were tailgating and went to set up the outside tv and the picture would not come through. My thought is that what ever was being viewed on the inside tv where the actual reciever is hooked up would be dispalyed on the outside satellite output connection. That did not happen, however we were able to get the antenna picture to come through. Is there a trick that we need to know about or should we take it in to get it looked at? We are also using the Dish Tailgater which works rather well. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Jason
MSU2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #2

Tailgater will only work with 1 TV....the one you have the receiver hooked up to.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

Awesome, Thanks thats what we needed to know.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #4

I read this on Dish Networks webiste, and it states that it will show the pic ture on more than one tv. This is exactly what I am trying to do but will not work.

No. The Tailgater® has a single coaxial connection to support one ViP 211k receiver. However, multiple TVs can be supported with shared viewing. The receiver's audio/video output can be sent to multiple TVs via HDMI, component +audio, composite or coaxial cable.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #5

I user the tailgater and have all TV's receiving the signal. Have a RF remote so I can use it both inside outside and in the bedroom. You might have a jumper on A and B for your antenna/cable. From the box put the cable in on A and put the cable from the box out to B. Make sure you have the power booster off. Works great, one box feeds all TV's

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	9948

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	9949

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	9950

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
glcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #6

Thanks Gary, I will get it out tomorrow and use your suggestions and see what I can do!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #7

We run HDMI cable from the 211K to the living room set, and composites to the bedroom set. You can put the longer cable in cable runs so you have a neat system. We don't use the internal RV wiring at all.

DISH, how about a UHF remote for the 211Ks!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glcamp View Post
I user the tailgater and have all TV's receiving the signal. Have a RF remote so I can use it both inside outside and in the bedroom. You might have a jumper on A and B for your antenna/cable. From the box put the cable in on A and put the cable from the box out to B. Make sure you have the power booster off. Works great, one box feeds all TV's

Attachment 9948

Attachment 9949

Attachment 9950

Gary
Interesting!!!

Do you plug your Tailgater in to the outside Sat/Cable connection?

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 09-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU2010 View Post
Thanks Gary, I will get it out tomorrow and use your suggestions and see what I can do!
Did you get it to work?

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #10

On my older RV's I was never able to use the CABLE SAT OUTSIDE TV connections for SAT TV with out rewiring things which I never wanted to do. It always had to do with not sending the SATELLITE HEAD DC control voltages... I always just run a couple of RG cables into the RV trailer from a two head DISH and connect to a SAT RCVR in each location we wanted to watch SAT TV.

I have a feeling things are starting to change in this area as I came across this google photo of a newer RV trailer showing several SAT connections available to use on the outside wall. Have no idea what they are or how they are connected inside. Maybe things are starting to change now with the different manf since I'm sure alot of folks want to route their SAT TV signals to numerous places.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
Site Team

I used the VIP 211 HDMI output to the Media Center TV and ran a coax from the media center to the rear bunk area. I hooked the coax on the back of the 211 to TV out coax connection. This allows you to watch the same channel on all TV's. You can add a splitter on the 211 TV out coax connection if you have additional TV's in the TT. I tried running long RGB cables from the Media Center to the rear bunk area, but it picked up some interference/noise and it affected the quality of the picture, so that is when I ran the coax back.
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #12

I'm now.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #13

I haven't been able to try it yet. Got swamped with work, looks like it will be tomorrow before I get to play with it.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #14

Yes It is plug in outside to the Sat/Cable connections.

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
glcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #15

As my wife will say, I'm addicted to my TV so when we got our new 2014 white hawk a few months ago, one of the first things I went after was the TV / Sat hookup. The jayco info leaves much to be desired and the dealer was no help. Filnally got to a tech at Jayco who sent me a drawing showing the internal coax set up. If connecting to a cable service, the outside input port will feed the cable signal thru the internal wiring to all tv's [Maintv, bedroom, and outdoors connection but you must leave the jumper loop in place. For sat, remove the loop and extract the incoming sat signal from the top connection and connect to the sat in port on the receiver. Then run the TV out from the sat receiver to the lower connection [were the loop was connected] and you will send your [same channel to all] sat picture on all your tv's. If you are connecting up a dual receiver, use a splitter off the top connection to run sat input to both sides of the receiver. Then route the "out" to tV1 directly to the main tv. Mine is right next to the input location. Connect the TV2 out to the lower port which will route the tv2 signal to the other tv's. Make sure the ant booster is off .

Like I said, most of this has to be figured out on your rig based on trial and error. Jayco design people haven't seemed to stay up to current TV technology. Soon we will have wireless [wifi] to our remote tvs and all this will be moot. In the meantime you have to be a bit of a McGiver.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #16

Nick
Retired Marine and Happy Camper
Old 01-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Tailgater will only work with 1 TV....the one you have the receiver hooked up to.
You can split the HDMI signal coming out of the 211 as I have done. Or you can run HDMI to one TV and coax (SD) from the 211to another TV. As ours is set up we can watch over-air on the main, allowing the bedroom TV to view satellite. Get creative. I long ago gave up trying to use the camper's satellite port for TV. I had the phone company run our phone and internet service through it, so it doesn't go unused while we're wintering in the Eagle.

Oh, and don't forget, by adding an ac powered external hard drive to the 211 you'll have DVR!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote