Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #1

Outside shower vacuum breaker Q's...

I know there is someone here that knows how the vacuum breaker goes together. Aparently someone at the dealer removed the outside shower hose and blew the guts out of the vacuum breaker and didn't bother to reassemble it properly. Well I know its a simple device but I'm hoping to know how the rubber flap and the funny plastic cap with the hole goes together?

Currently when you turn on the water it blows out of the vacuum breaker and very little comes out the shower head...
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man View Post
I know there is someone here that knows how the vacuum breaker goes together. Aparently someone at the dealer removed the outside shower hose and blew the guts out of the vacuum breaker and didn't bother to reassemble it properly. Well I know its a simple device but I'm hoping to know how the rubber flap and the funny plastic cap with the hole goes together?

Currently when you turn on the water it blows out of the vacuum breaker and very little comes out the shower head...
You've got me a little stumped. A picture would sure help.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #3

After doing a bit of research, I have found that the vaccuum breaker is not made to be taken apart and reassembled. The replacement has the breaker molded into the mixer.

Take the shower head off and see if you get a solid flow of water through the hose. If you do the the shower head itself is plugged. If not, you have to replace the mixer.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #4

Here you go...

This is the way it fits together...

Here are the only 2 parts there...

But my question is exactly how does it fit together properly... Currently I got the rubber on the bottom and the plastic cap over it but the hole on the water supply side... Totally guessin...

Because during the winterizing the guys screw this up and the rubber was just crammed in the hole... I had to clean up all the fresh grease on the hole too so I know someone was messing with it already...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4232.jpg   DSCF4235.jpg  
Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #5

MoparMan,

It isn't suppose to come apart. I will show this to Larry tomorrow and see if there is a quick fix.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #6

Well this piece just sets in there with the rubber its not glued or plastic welded or molded plastic its actually 2 seperate parts...
Old 12-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #7

Will the base of the breaker unscrew from the mixer? Larry says the vacuum breaker needs to be replaced. Most of the time they simply unscrew and the new one screws back in. If it will unscrew can you send me a pic so I can tell you which breaker to get?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #8

Well that project will just have to wait for now... I was hoping to just fix what I got. I'm a long ways from any kind of RV shop let alone a big city with a WalMart (3.5 hours)...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man View Post
Well that project will just have to wait for now... I was hoping to just fix what I got. I'm a long ways from any kind of RV shop let alone a big city with a WalMart (3.5 hours)...
I heard that! Those breakers only run about $3.95. When you start the project back up I can send you one if needed.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #10

Well that doesn't sound bad...

But lets let the snow and ice leave Idaho once again so I can tear that apart...
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #11

Ahhh Haaa! I got it fixed...

If you got one of these... Put the rubber down first then the plastic and screw your hose on...

No problems now...