Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #1

Outside Stereo Speakers

I just bought a 2017 264BHW Jay Flight SLX which has outside speakers for the stereo. Does anyone know how I can disable/enable the outside speakers? I can't find anything in the manual and I scrolled through the buttons on the radio and I don't think I saw how anything that allows it to be shut off. Just looking for the ability to do it when I want to - obviously there will be times that I"m inside listening and don't want the outside world to have to hear the radio.

Thanks!
oenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:51 PM   #2

My 28BHBE has a rocker switch next to the radio that says "Inside / Outside" but it appears not to work. What I found was pressing the "Zone" button on the radio itself actually makes the switch from inside to outside. I had to mess around with it a bunch of times to get it to work. I will dig into it deeper at the end of the season.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #3

on mine ( jensen ) I have 3 choice , A. B. C A are inside main speaker, B are bedroom speaker, c outside speaker

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oenaud View Post
I just bought a 2017 264BHW Jay Flight SLX which has outside speakers for the stereo. Does anyone know how I can disable/enable the outside speakers? I can't find anything in the manual and I scrolled through the buttons on the radio and I don't think I saw how anything that allows it to be shut off. Just looking for the ability to do it when I want to - obviously there will be times that I"m inside listening and don't want the outside world to have to hear the radio.

Thanks!
Do you have the Furrion DV1200 stereo system? If so, look near the middle of it for A B and C. Those are your speakers. If it's wired like my 23RLSW, A is interior, B does nothing, and C is outside. There are corresponding buttons below - just push the C button. When the indicator light goes off, the speakers are off, too.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
My 28BHBE has a rocker switch next to the radio that says "Inside / Outside" but it appears not to work. What I found was pressing the "Zone" button on the radio itself actually makes the switch from inside to outside. I had to mess around with it a bunch of times to get it to work. I will dig into it deeper at the end of the season.

Try setting it to zone 2 (bedroom speakers). My switch on my 29bhds works this way. Zone 1 is living area. Zone 2 is bedroom, but the switch swaps between bedroom and outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2016, 08:37 PM   #6

Outside Speakers

All,

I found the answer in the thread from last year - I should have searched for it prior to posting.

The solution is to change my Fade from "0" to the far left or far right and that will control if it's playing inside or outside or both ("0").

Thanks!
oenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:46 PM   #7

My Grayhawk has a rocker switch right by the steps by the door (with no words on them BTW) that switches the speakers from inside to outside.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #8

I need outside speakers turned off. I have a Jayco 2012 toy hauler. Please help. Thanks
Glore6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #9

Mine are front (inside) and rear (outside). Took me a while to figure it out. My opinion is it's an overly complicated radio with too many very small buttons and small display segments and too many menu options when all I want to do most of the time is listen to the radio. I intend to replace it with a simpler radio with a bigger display and bigger buttons.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #10

I activate the outside speakers by changing the zone on the radio.
1Cruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #11
BJR

Quote:
All,

I found the answer in the thread from last year - I should have searched for it prior to posting.

The solution is to change my Fade from "0" to the far left or far right and that will control if it's playing inside or outside or both ("0").

Thanks!
It's an SLX thing. Our 28BHSW is the same way - a regular car head unit installed in the cabinet with no selection switches or zones.

Bryan
Old 08-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #12

Quote:

Thanks!
My outside speakers are Zone C on the radio. You should have A,Band C zones.
When the letter is lit the zone is on. push the button to change the setting. Mine defaults to all zones on if power is disconccested.... not just turned off but like if you remove the battery.

What is the model of radio you have.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #13

Here's a couple photos showing the ABC buttons and one showing the indicated source. In this case only A is displayed meaning my living room is on and the bedroom and outside is off. Youreach trailer could be wired different but you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #14

switch it

I used a rocker switch to control mine. I hate using the fader it is nice to switch them off or on.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #15

My outside speakers are controlled by the Zone B switch on the radio. Unfortunately, when you switch them off they will be on by default when 12 volt power is switched off and then back on, making having them on by mistake easy to do.

I think that exterior RV speakers are an abomination. I cut the speaker wires that power them; when connected, it's just too easy to accidentally have them on and thereby disturb the neighbors.

Since exterior speakers can leak, I removed mine and covered the hole with some Eternabond. Now no chance of noise or leaks.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #16
BJR

For reference, here is the Axxera stereo in my SLX.

We don't have the ABC switches available. I guess we could upgrade to the Furrion or something for RVs but until then the switch is the best option.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2276.JPG  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:09 AM   #17

thats the same radio i have in my 212qbw.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speakers, stereo