Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Outside stove not working

Hey guys-
Have a model w the Grill hookup and another for the 2 burner stove. The grill hookup works but the burner one doesn't. The burner does work when I use the grill hookup instead, and I was able to blow air through the hose for the burner so I know it's not that. There's a valve on the fitting on the camper and that's open. Just making sure I'm not missing something.
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #2

Make sure that you have the hose completely inserted into the shut off valve on the camper.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #3

I had the same problem, it worked the 1st time we used it last year when it was new, and then wanted to use it again and it wouldn't light, so, I took the hose off and hooked up to my air compressor and blew air thru it, it was clear, so then I stuck a nail in the coupler underneath and gas came out, so then I hooked it all back up and it worked, don't know what it was but, I know what to do if it does it again.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #4

It's got to be the female quick connect fitting. I used both hoses on grill connection, both work. Depressed the inside of the burner fitting and gas does flow. But neither hose would work when fully inserted into that connection.

TT - 2015 Jay Flight 32TSBH
TV - 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins diesel
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercat View Post
I had the same problem, it worked the 1st time we used it last year when it was new, and then wanted to use it again and it wouldn't light, so, I took the hose off and hooked up to my air compressor and blew air thru it, it was clear, so then I stuck a nail in the coupler underneath and gas came out, so then I hooked it all back up and it worked, don't know what it was but, I know what to do if it does it again.
I've had similar issues with hydraulic quick disconnects. They use basically the same design, but MUCH higher pressures. The two sealing balls must be pushed aside in order for fluid to flow.

If the trailer side ball has jammed and the grill side simply travels extra, then the safety is still engaged and no gas will flow.

Try freeing the ball at the base of the coupler with the gas valve off. Then tap it with the valve open to see if gas comes out.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote