Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #21

this is the one I'm buying. will work with low pressure systems and comes in a 3 burner option.

https://www.campchef.com/ranger-ii-t...ner-stove.html
Stever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #22

Looks nice and the price is right. But can you hook it on the rail that's on the outside of the TT? I called Jayco today and confirmed the part number from a couple years ago is still a valid part number. The person I spoke with told me I should call a local dealer and ask them to order it, pay for it over the phone with a credit card and have it drop shipped directly to me. Tried calling the dealer today but got too busy at work.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
Looks nice and the price is right. But can you hook it on the rail that's on the outside of the TT? I called Jayco today and confirmed the part number from a couple years ago is still a valid part number. The person I spoke with told me I should call a local dealer and ask them to order it, pay for it over the phone with a credit card and have it drop shipped directly to me. Tried calling the dealer today but got too busy at work.
Bandit12 - If the rail isn't on the back of the stove, it's a common item that you can get from any RV parts supplier or on eBay. The only other thing that you might need is some sort of prop rod to support the front of the stove. I made one out of some scrap conduit that I painted white. Let your imagination be your guide!!

Good luck!!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #24

I'm now thinking of going in a slightly different direction. I spoke to my dealer today (finally got someone on the phone I could talk to) and they are going to see what they are going to do about the grill I didn't get. They mentioned sending me a check for the value of the grill which I'm fine with. Having done a bit more research, I'm strongly leaning toward a Blackstone Tailgater. If I purchase an aftermarket hose, I can connect directly to the TT propane system, I'll have a grill and a griddle, or I can remove the grill box and cook with a pot directly over the burner. I'd be able to free up some space as I wouldn't have to pack a grill and a camp stove and all the fuel I now carry.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote