Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

Outside TV mount for White Hawk 27 DSRL

TV mount for White Hawk 27 DSRL. I want to place an outside TV mount on the side of our trailer above and between the heater exhaust and hot water heater under our awning. I what to use the line that runs to the bedroom that is all ready run, but not used. Does anyone know where I can splice into the cable and how to run it to the spot I want? Also is there anything in the wall I need to look out for when screwing the outside mount in place?
rdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #2

I called Jayco about adding a TV mount to the outside of of my Eagle Super-Lite 298RES and was told NOT TO, as the wall are not designed for it. Ending up using a projector connected to an old laptop and a 6' inflatable screen. Allows me to download movies to the hard drive to play later, if internet is available I can stream from netflix, or play direct from the DVD drive. Not too good during the day, but at night its really nice.
Turn2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Ok, what about running the wire to a box that runs outside and I put the TV on a table just outside, so the table is taking the weight. I would like to know where to put a spliter in.
rdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #4

What we did to get going and haven't changed it since was to put the slitter at the pedestal and route the second long RG cable under the trailer to the patio area. Then just plug it into the TV when we setup outside.

We just sit the HDTV on a table. I didn't like the idea of making a permanent mount on the outside of the trailer as if a local storm comes up I wanted to able to get the HDTV inside before it got damp or wet. I suspect the HDTV would not like getting damp or wet... Also if it was mounted on the side of the trailer what do you do if everyone walks away from the trailer to go to the bath room or whatever. When you come back the HDTV will be gone.

My game plan was to mount it inside the storage bay compartment so I could quickly swing it inside and close the storage bay door and lock up before leaving the area...

Just my thoughts on it...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote