Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #11

For $1200 I would look at buying a steel carport and simply storing the RV under cover for its life (provided you have the room and don't mind the way they look). That will do a LOT more for longevity of your trailer than some "special wax" they apply.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #12

I can get tinkerbell to do the work for 850.00 not the quote you got for 1000!!!

jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
For $1200 I would look at buying a steel carport and simply storing the RV under cover for its life (provided you have the room and don't mind the way they look). That will do a LOT more for longevity of your trailer than some "special wax" they apply.
Now I like that idea of a steel cover. Wish I had just a little more room at my house.
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #14

I think that is called Dealer Profit,in the trades.
Jimw606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #15

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in a morning meeting to hear the pitch on giving the pitch for this profit pusher. I wonder if the finance guys have quotas. They seem to be the hard sellers of them.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #16

Paint and fabric protection is a way to increase profit. Fabric protection is scotch guard and paint protection is a silicone based wax no better than a good name quality wax. Save your money.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #17

This all reminds me of the undercoating option car dealers pushed. At least it was more than a spray can from Autozone!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #18

Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahbob View Post
Paint and fabric protection is a way to increase profit. Fabric protection is scotch guard and paint protection is a silicone based wax no better than a good name quality wax. Save your money.
Most exterior protections are POLYMERS not silicone and they penetrate much better than wax. A good dealer will provide it for around $500 and it provides better protection than wax. All you need to do is check the chemistry involved to see the difference.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #20

I just purchased the 2015 Eagle 338RETS, dealer is trying to sell us the Xzilon coating for $1800. Seems crazy expensive and the reviews online for this product are mixed, but mostly negative.

Some people say when applied correctly Xzilon is great, a couple seemed like honest opinions from actual detail companies that the product does work, but most lean toward the negative and it being almost a scam. Its really hard to figure out if it's the product not working as advertised or if its the dealers not applying the product or doing it incorrectly.

I am opting NOT to have it done, too many bad claims out there. the best comment I read on this product was "if you want something done right, do it yourself." Amen to that! I am a clean freak with my vehicles anyway, so the new Eagle 338 will be getting a regular bath.

Sun fading is my worst fear, especially on the dark parts and dark brown front cap, any recommendations or products you all use to keep looking new? This rv will be setup and in the sun all summer long on our property, hence my concern. Thanks

BkCntryXtrme is offline   Reply With Quote