Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #1

Peeling Decals from front Gel Cap

I have a 4 month old, yet to be camped in, 2018 Eagle HT 324BHTS that has a decal issue. All of the decal graphics on the front fiberglass cap of the trailer are peeling off. The peeling decals appear brittle and are cracking/lifting in areas that have yet to begin to peel. No problem with either side or rear of the trailer, just the front cap only. Other than towing the trailer home from the dealer, it has yet be used. Never washed or waxed yet. I have contacted my dealer, sent a dozen photos, and am awaiting word on warranty authorization. Hoping to get authorization for a local sign shop to do the removal/replacement with Jayco supplied decals. Labor estimate submitted from local shop, as dealer is nearly 3 hours away. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any idea why this occurred?
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #2

I headed from people regarding this issue it is under warranty and they will make it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tinamariemo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

No one else with decal peeling issues? Just curious to see how Jayco warranty handled any similar issues? Still waiting on an answer from my dealer and Jayco on my issue.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
Old 04-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #4

Had my front decals peel around edges at less than 2 years old. Jayco sent replacement decals to my dealer & covered labour for a local shop to do the removal & replacement. It was all arranged by my dealer.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #5

Sounds like someone didn't do a good prep job before decal install, Jayco will take care of that problem.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #6

The decals were peeling off the front of my Hummingbird trailer before I even took delivery. I bought the trailer in the fall of 2016, and the dealer stored it over the winter, and I took delivery in the spring of 2017. When we did the pickup inspection, the dealer ordered new decals right away and then installed them. No issues. It will be a couple of weeks before the snow melts here so I can check to see how the new decals survived this past winter.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldJ View Post
Had my front decals peel around edges at less than 2 years old. Jayco sent replacement decals to my dealer & covered labour for a local shop to do the removal & replacement. It was all arranged by my dealer.
This is the route we are attempting to go. Dealer has our local shop estimate, and is working with Jayco to obtain authorization. Fingers crossed!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
Old 04-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #8

UPDATE: My dealer just contacted me to advise that Jayco has approved the warranty repair request. Jayco will be shipping a complete set of front cap decals/graphics directly to my residence, and has approved the labor estimate to have my local shop do the removal of the old/reinstall of the new decals. Saves me a 2 hour trip each way back to my dealer. Fingers still crossed that all goes smoothly, but looking good so far.......
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
Old 04-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #9

I wish mine had peeled. It would have saved me a day taking them off myself.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:42 AM   #10

Glad to hear it. My experience with Jayco warranty issues has been excellent. They have approved every repair I requested; there were not a lot of them. I am really happy with the quality and have owened it for a year and a half with multiple trips.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #11

Figured Jayco would cover the costs.

I have a brand new front cap decal set, in the garage. Jayco sent the dealer new decals as the batch of 23B's built at that time had issues. Dealer asked if I wanted it changed, or would just give them to me. Mine still look brand new.

Now I did have issues with the side decals bubbling, and cracking. Dealer installed new decals, right before my warranty expired.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #12

I have 2018 330rsts eagle before we even picked it up the decals were pealing on the drivers side. Took picture and dealer said will take care of it. But have to wait till decals come in. So they are fixing along with two other problems we have found furnace and outside lights I'm really hoping that is all we have problems with. Have not had water in it yet as to cold so keeping fingers crossed for no leaks. Good luck...
Charliebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:15 PM   #13

We have a 2016 Eagle 324BHTS. No decal issues, but I do a spray on wax twice a year. We store it under a shelter, but the endcaps get morning and evening sun. So far so good. Glad to hear yours was covered. Our warranty just expired. Jayco has covered about 80% of our claims over the last two years.
GraphiteDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #14

Still waiting for the decals to arrive, been 10 days now, and they are reportedly being shipped directly to me by Jayco. Also found out that my dealer will be paying my local shop directly, and the dealer subsequently gets reimbursed by Jayco. Just anxious to have it fixed, looks terrible on a brand new yet to be used RV. I just close my eyes when walking by the front of the trailer! Lol
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #15

Yeah, that's a shame. We had issues with ours before we got to use it as well. Bunk slide was improperly installed; very frustrating. These RVs look expensive but are, I think, are poorly built with low quality materials. Definitely fun when they don't need fixed though. Just high maintenance. The 324bhts is the best floor plan for kids that I've seen. You'll enjoy it.
It might be a good idea to get who's paying for what in writing. That way there are no surprises when it comes time to pick it up from the repair shop.
GraphiteDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #16

I took the decals off my front cap,only thing on there now is the Jayco Bird.They gone overboard with decals on some trailers,be nice to have the option of ordering with none. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170915_163618.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	38822

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:26 AM   #17

Gray Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbn View Post
I wish mine had peeled. It would have saved me a day taking them off myself.

My Hood Graphics started to peel on my 2017 Gray Hawk, Removed the peeling ones....if more peel I will remove them too and put my own Graphic on the hood..... Cap Graphic Started to peel as well will remove that soon, if it keeps up you will never know it was a Jayco at all...………..
Toad: 2013 Honda CRV
US NAVY & ARMY
GrayHawk is offline   Reply With Quote