Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #1

Picking up 2018 Hummingbird 18FD May 5th

We're driving to Missoula, MT to pick up our new 17FD.

Any advice for when we pick it up?
Things to ask?
Add ons that we must have?
Warranty extension? YES/NO?
Add solar panels from dealer?

It's fully loaded with Baja, cus. connivence, Stability, bike rack, grill. The only thing I'm not sure of is if it comes with two batteries. If it doesn't, should we add a second one from dealer or somewhere else?

This is our first ever RV.

Thank you for any tips/help you can provide.

Here's what the website says it has:
2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY, GOODYEAR TIRES, 13.5 A/C, BAJA PACKAGE, ENCLOSED W/INSULATION UNDERBELLY, POWER TONGUE JACK

SPARE TIRE, 2-BIKE RACK, EXTERIOR GRILL VACUUM BONDED SIDEWALLS !!, BLACK TANK FLUSH, 4-STABILIZER JACKS,
seredni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #2

First off - congrats on your new travel trailer!

I would guess that it would come with only one battery, as our 17RK did.

It will likely have a Group 24 battery in it. Two 6-volt batteries can be installed, but it's going to take a custom battery rack and likely some relocation of other components since it's really tight up there. I opted to go with one Group 27 battery instead and it's done fine for us.

I'd personally wait and see where the final loaded weight comes in since there's not a lot of spare capacity on these TT's. Two 6-volt batteries is going to add quite a bit of tongue weight to your trailer.

As far as add-on's, I'd personally wait and see what you would really like to add once you use it some. And the last place I would buy anything aftermarket from would be the dealer - etrailer and Amazon are your friends.

Extended warranty - we opted for it not knowing better, but soon after cancelled it and applied the refund to the principal balance that we owed on the trailer at the time. You already have a 2-yr factory warranty, save that extra $2k and put in a savings account to use for repairs down the road is what I'd say.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17rd, hummingbird