Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Plugs out in 324BHTS

I have a 15 324 BHTS. This morning I woke up and my microwave and fridge had no power( fridge was running on propane). When I got in this afternoon I have checked fuses and breakers, they’re good. I have found my outdoor kitchen gfci plug is not working and my outside plug on side of camper, and the plug over sink, and the one in cabinate above stove are out.Need some help, Any ideas?
Pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #2

Sounds like you lost main power at pedestal. See if there is a breaker there tripped. Sometimes breakers will be tripped but don't look like it. Turn each one off and back on to make sure they are reset.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #3

Start with checking the CB they are all tied to. Make sure the black wire is connected all the way. Check white wire is connected to bus bar correctly.

From there move to junction box. Not sure where that will be located on your trailer. Refer to your other post in the FW forum. I thought you had a FW. Picture in that thread was in basement of a HT FW. We dont have any BHTS's on our lot right now or I would go look.

These things can get tricky. Since you have no power at all I am guessing you have a black wire loose somewhere.

Schematic below but be warned I have found these things not to be entirely accurate.

mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #4

In addition to the above> check the shore power cable, make sure you twist it in then lock it down. Mine looked in and locked but no power >the connection is made by the twist.
Marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:49 AM   #5

Did you get your problem solved ?
groundhog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #6

No I haven’t figured it out yet. I have been told by my dealers tech that I should have more than one gfci in my camper, of all the plugs I know of, the one on the roof in out side kitchen is the only one I can find that actually has a reset/test button. Some plugs have a sticker that says “gfci protected”......... I hate wiring. Also sorry for the confusion, I meant to state that I had a tt when I posted in fw,
Old 12-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #7

The highlighted plugs/appliances are out. In the outside kitchen only the plug (gfci) on ceiling is out. Microwave and ref out there still work
Attached Thumbnails
3E8456C8-EB19-4306-BF5C-FA09679CA105.jpg  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #8

There should be another GFCI receptacle inside either the bathroom or near kitchen.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #9

All these outlets are on the same circuit. Are there any outlets that do work on this circuit? If so you need to start with last outlet that has power. Check the wires on back of outlet. If all outlets are out on the circuit, then check the black wire to the circuit breaker and the white wire to the bus bar.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote