Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 77
OK, made up my mind. I'm a goin' with the Progressive Industries EMS. Now I have to decide if I want the model with the integrated display or the remote. Have to fiqure out where I'm gonna put the thing first and that will determine my choice. You guys (gals?), I appreciate your kind assistance.

John
__________________

NewToMeJF26BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 2,421
As I understand that model it lets you know the conditions at the post at the time you plug it in. If conditions change, you are not protected. Forgive me if I'm wrong, you folks that have it. It's certainly better than nothing, but Progressive Industries makes portable and fixed units. Here's my model,
EMS-HW30C. Since I know so little about electrical matters I rely heavily on it to protect my investment. It is more money, but, like life insurance, you only need it once to make it pay. Good camping.
__________________

__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
As I understand that model it lets you know the conditions at the post at the time you plug it in. If conditions change, you are not protected. Forgive me if I'm wrong, you folks that have it. It's certainly better than nothing, but Progressive Industries makes portable and fixed units. Here's my model,
EMS-HW30C. Since I know so little about electrical matters I rely heavily on it to protect my investment. It is more money, but, like life insurance, you only need it once to make it pay. Good camping.
Which model? Both the PI and the SureGuard should react to changing conditions of the pedestal.
__________________
Terry
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 2,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
Which model? Both the PI and the SureGuard should react to changing conditions of the pedestal.
Sorry, I should have quoted OP's earlier question: "Would the Surge Guard 55-2764 / N19-0414 AECM10086 be a good choice for a quick solution?"
__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,923
ok - that makes more sense

That model you referenced doesn't look like it doesn't do anything more than a $2 circuit tester and a 30-15 adapter would do.
__________________
Terry
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
ok - that makes more sense

That model you referenced doesn't look like it doesn't do anything more than a $2 circuit tester and a 30-15 adapter would do.
If you are talking to me, I'm referring to item # 55-2760 / N19-0470 EMS-LC-HW30 from Tweety's.

John
NewToMeJF26BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
David472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
ok - that makes more sense

That model you referenced doesn't look like it doesn't do anything more than a $2 circuit tester and a 30-15 adapter would do.
It does have surge protection. It's not a 30-15 adaptor. It has 30A blades and a 30A socket. It plugs into the 30A pedistal, then you plug in your 30A power cord. Works okay for those who want to test the pedistal, and have only light surge protection (1080 joules). Somewhat pricey though.
__________________
Jayco Eagle 31.5RLDS
GMC Sierra 2500 HD
David472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
It does have surge protection. It's not a 30-15 adaptor. It has 30A blades and a 30A socket. It plugs into the 30A pedistal, then you plug in your 30A power cord. Works okay for those who want to test the pedistal, and have only light surge protection (1080 joules). Somewhat pricey though.
I missed it had surge protection. I was just making the comment that you could basically take a 30-15 adapter and a $2 circuit tester and have basically the same thing. If I was going to spend that much money, I would invest in one of the full protection systems mentioned above (which I did )
__________________
Terry
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 77
I'm purchasing the Progressive Industries item # 55-2760 / N19-0470 EMS-LC-HW30 from Tweety's with the integrated display because the only place I can put the EMS is under our bathroom sink. That's where the power cord from outside is connected to the rest of the trailer. I've got to find some place to upload my two pictures to show what I'm dealing with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0015.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1765

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0019.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1766

John
NewToMeJF26BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
David472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,393
When you do your message post, scroll down and you will see a button called "manage attachements". After you click on that, a window will pop up, allowing you to up-load up to 5 pictures. Give that a try.
__________________

__________________
Jayco Eagle 31.5RLDS
GMC Sierra 2500 HD
David472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.