Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2020, 08:00 PM   #21

Which ever one you get, remember you will need to carry it somewhere. Hopefully you have space on the rear bumper or such.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #22

I've got a 40 gallon black tank so i bought the Camco RV Rhino Heavy Duty 36 Gallon Portable Waste Holding Tank. It's pretty good as is, but i wish i would've bought the version with a handle that attaches to a truck hitch. Hand pulling it when it's full is really fun. I also modified it based on a you tube review. I removed the caps holding the rear wheels on and drilled holes on the end of the axle and inserted cotter pins.
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Some years ago I bought a Barker 22 gallon tote and never used it much because most of my trips were 5 days or less and my gray/black tanks never needed dumping prior to the dump station. This year I took a 9 day trip and knew I would at least need it for gray water so I replaced the 8'' plastic wheels with 8'' pneumatic tires from Menards. What a difference towing it to the dump station. My gray/black tanks are 40 gallon each so if I want to fully empty I make 2 trips. I bought the 22 for ease of handling. Easy to see when it's getting full looking through the vent cap opening.
I have a Barker I bought 25 years ago and just drug it out of storage, how did you replace the plastic wheels, did the axle work on the new tires? Thx
Cardfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujonaut View Post
It's pretty good as is, but i wish i would've bought the version with a handle that attaches to a truck hitch. Hand pulling it when it's full is really fun.
I have a 2" strap that wraps around the handle then the hitch. No need to drag it by hand.

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
64osby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64osby View Post
I have a 2" strap that wraps around the handle then the hitch. No need to drag it by hand.
That's not a bad idea, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #26

We don't worry about emptying the black water tank with just two people. However, this year with the obvious problems in our country we're showering more in the TT. I always have had the capacity to get about 15 gallons of fresh water per trip from the taps at the C G. I use a HF transfer pump to fill TT. I purchased a 25 gallon water bladder to pump gray water to the bladder in the back of the F150 and head to the dump station where I pump it out. The bladder folds back up and is stored in it's small box. This system is working out well so far this year.
ElRey is offline   Reply With Quote