Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2017, 10:35 PM   #41

Has anyone heard anything about the new brand Costco is carrying? 2000 watt 1600 watt running for $499.00. Same as the Harbor Freight 2000 watt Predator.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
There is no such thing as a RV 30 amp plug. There is the normal 30 amp plug found on RVs but it is a standard 30A 120v plug and not reserved for RV use only.

That same 30A plug can be found on some appliances if they are 125V 30A. They are use in construction where they don't care about noise because they have saws, air compressors and other loud things going anyhow.

One thing to watch out for if you go from the construction type to the inverter type which is not so loud is if you have a EMS surge protector. Inverter generators normaly have open grounds which isn't the case in the construction style. If you have the portable EMS then don't use it with the generator. If you have the internal one like I added to my camper then you either need to bypass it when on generator or make an adapter to bond the neutral to the ground.

It is a industrial grade plug/receptacle. While it is used for other things, many electrical manufacturers do state in their descriptions that these are for RVs.
And maybe that is just to make it easier for customers to find them for RVs since that is were they are most commonly found.

Leviton's TT-30R receptacle:
30-Amp, 125-Volt, NEMA TT-30R, 2P, 3W,
Flush Mtg Receptacle, Straight Blade,
Industrial Grade, Grounding, (For
Recreational Vehicles), Side Wired, Steel Strap, Black.
Two other brands also include that in the description.

Also, many stores list them as being for RVs... and that may be due to the fact that they sell these particular industrial-grade components while not selling other industrial grade electrical parts.
tlm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #43

I just bought my Predator today! It is so freakin' quiet. It was on sale for $649 and then they tried to sell me the extended warranty for $129. I declined and they took another $100 off of the price if I bought the warranty. No brainer there. So $735 with tax and a 2 year warranty for a 3500w peak - 3000w continuous inverter generator, I just couldn't say no.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I just bought my Predator today! It is so freakin' quiet. It was on sale for $649 and then they tried to sell me the extended warranty for $129. I declined and they took another $100 off of the price if I bought the warranty. No brainer there. So $735 with tax and a 2 year warranty for a 3500w peak - 3000w continuous inverter generator, I just couldn't say no.
I'm assuming you bought it in-store? I think I'm going to have to order online and would love that deal too.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedgr View Post
I'm assuming you bought it in-store? I think I'm going to have to order online and would love that deal too.
I am lucky enough to have 2 stores within 20 miles in either direction of me.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #46

Preadator 3500 Inverter

I just got Harbor Freight parking lot sale add 18,19,20 August.Anyone think the price will be better than 647 on the 3500 Inverter model?
Attached Thumbnails
Camper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #47

once again, look closely, you will see the words "for travel trailer use only" It is a specifically RV standard.
Attached Thumbnails
NEMA_TT-30.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 09:44 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I just bought one today too but we are on the road - I got a very similar deal. BTW - hello neighbor!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:20 AM   #49

My experiences with generators. I have two Honda 2k inverter generators. I had a single Honda for a number of years, before I had to buy a 2nd 2k generator in order to run my 13.5k AC. Since I already had one Honda, I just spent the bucks to buy another one. This one is the Companion model which has the twin connections built in as well as the 30A outlet. The outlet was the twist lock style, so I got the conversion pigtail.

I like the twin versions better than the larger 3k style, because I can lift the 2k models out of the pickup. Sometimes I needed to leave in the pickup, but needed the generator going to run the AC.

I also got the extended run tank to go with the Honda's. For how I use the trailer, I needed an extended run tank. I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night to refuel the Honda's. We tailgate at football games in the fall. It is strictly boondocking. In September, most weekends are hot and worse fairly humid, and we needed to have the AC going when we went in to the games and at night most times. Our pup appreciated the cool. Unfortunately, this fall, it will not matter if the AC is running while we're gone, since he recently passed over to the Rainbow Bridge.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I just bought one today too but we are on the road - I got a very similar deal. BTW - hello neighbor!
Awesome!!!! Love my Jayco (so far), My Ford F150 Ecoboost (except for the occasional turbo under boost) and my Predator Gen (haven't used it on an actual trip yet though)