Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #1

Positive review for towmax tires (replaced with GY endurance)

Generally, we don't see so many good reviews for Towmax tires. I am going to stick my neck out and offer one. I bought my jayflight in October 2013. Since, I have put 16000+ miles on the original towmax STR tires. I have not had any issues, not even slow leakers over winter. Now, I just swapped them out with the new Goodyear Endurance. I took the oppportunity to go up one load rating and get a 10 ply tire. I have shared a picture of the towmax tires. They have worn relatively even. They are just starting to show signs of cracking where the raised tread meets the main body of the tire.

I am pleased of their performance. But, based on a lot of user feedback on this forum, I wasn't willing to push my luck any further! I hope the replacement tire gives me the same luck and better.
Biggest Weber fan in the world.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #2

I too, had good luck with my TowMax tires on my 2012 HTT. I was showing a little wear on one tire, but it is due to tire scrub as I back into my driveway. They too where showing a little cracking last spring so they were replaced with Carlisle's and went up a load rating.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #3

Same here: my towmax tires came on our 32BHDS in October 2014.

They are holding up well, we haul on average 5200 miles a season. Never use the tire covers.

I wouldn't replace them with more towmax, but I wouldn't replace them just because, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:53 AM   #4

Thumbs up Tow-Max tires

I guess I'd be the forth one to have a positive experience with the Tow-Max tires that came OE on my 2013 Eagle (built in Oct, 2012). They endured through two trips to & from Texas/Michigan - including a side trip to S. Dakota. Don't know how many miles were on them, but the tread was getting pretty thin on both the passenger side tires when I left Michigan to head south for Texas last fall. I thought I could make it and then replace them once I got there. NOT SO MUCH! Had a blow out while going through Indianapolis on Thanksgiving morning that just shredded the tire. No trailer damage (fortunately), but try to find a tire store open on Thanksgiving! Changed out the spare and made it to a campground about an hour NE of St. Louis. Next day, I called a National Tire & Brake store there, and they had the replacement Tow-Max in stock. When I got there, they advised me that for only $2 more per tire (plus moving up to metal valve stems), I could upgrade a load range. They checked, and the wheels could handle the 80 lbs. tire pressure, so it was kind of a no-brainer. Replaced all 4, but kept the spare. I plan to replace it some time this summer. Really like that I can now drive 70 mph in some places . . . it cut a few hours off the trip back north this spring.

Hope I get another 4 years out of these!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
I guess I'd be the forth one to have a positive experience with the Tow-Max tires that came OE on my 2013 Eagle (built in Oct, 2012). They endured through two trips to & from Texas/Michigan - including a side trip to S. Dakota. Don't know how many miles were on them, but the tread was getting pretty thin on both the passenger side tires when I left Michigan to head south for Texas last fall. I thought I could make it and then replace them once I got there. NOT SO MUCH! Had a blow out while going through Indianapolis on Thanksgiving morning that just shredded the tire. No trailer damage (fortunately), but try to find a tire store open on Thanksgiving!
Another ditto! Had a similar incident last Tgiving coming north from Mississippi. Left front passenger exploded while on I65 50 miles north of Mobile. Only damage was the plastic wheelwell skirt [$100 in hand]. Pretty much think failure was from a road hazard. Hit a sharp pavement cut [New asphalt over old]. They didn't smooth out the transition at the end of the day and the 3" sharp edge caused a pretty good hit at 50mph. Anyway the towmax oem had performed without issue up to that point. Had replaced the passenger side front before the trip due to uneven outside wear. Watching the new one since it hit the same cut as the one that blew. New vs 10,000 mile old may have been a factor.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #6

The Towmax on the front axle look like new, rear axle was changed under warrenty so it has Hercule tires that look like they are older than the Towmax. Must have about 20000 KM on the Towmax but will be putting on 4 Maxxis this coming week

Tags
endurance, goodyear, tire, towmax