Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

Possible issues with new 2017 27BHS

Hey guys,

Got my new 27BHS a month ago and we really love it. However, I did notice a few things and would love to have some feedback on this.

Slideout :

When the Slideout is full retracted, I notice that the seal on top is not touching on one side.

Not the best pic but should give you an idea..
https://goo.gl/photos/yNE36LcmFQkzJtYe8

The other thing is my roof.. Notice a lot of bumps, especialy on the front of the roof

https://goo.gl/photos/1k5QJ1JBwGR4oyFZ8

https://goo.gl/photos/ayTgdicJ8u9YTWzX6
Comes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #2

I just bought one myself and take delivery in a couple days. I'll have to look for that stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
Lahey Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #3

Haven't looked that closely at the slideout seal, but I know my roof doesn't have those bumps. It has some soft spots, but is otherwise perfectly smooth.

We've had a few other issues though, so make sure you check everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comes View Post
Hey guys,

Got my new 27BHS a month ago and we really love it. However, I did notice a few things and would love to have some feedback on this.

The other thing is my roof.. Notice a lot of bumps, especialy on the front of the roof

This is where the front cap meets the roof. The screws holding everything together are under the bumps. This is normal.

I would say the slide may not be up in the hole high enough.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
This is where the front cap meets the roof. The screws holding everything together are under the bumps. This is normal.

I would say the slide may not be up in the hole high enough.

Murff
I could be completely wrong, but it almost looks like fasteners are poking the roof material further back. (not the ones from the front cap covered in dicor) :dunno:

Can the techs physically adjust the slide front to back and up and down? (mine is a bit more forward than centered)
theoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

I would definitely have the slide looked at ASAP. It wouldn't be an issue when the slide is in, but when the slide is out, rain would easily make its way into the opening.

Some of the bumps in the roof would also concern me. Some of them closer to the roof/front cap seam, look to be sharp. If that is the case, whatever is sharp under the roof could cause holes to open on the membrane and allow water in.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahey Crockett View Post
I just bought one myself and take delivery in a couple days. I'll have to look for that stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Thanks! Can't wait to get on the road and get camping.
Lahey Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
I would definitely have the slide looked at ASAP. It wouldn't be an issue when the slide is in, but when the slide is out, rain would easily make its way into the opening.

Some of the bumps in the roof would also concern me. Some of them closer to the roof/front cap seam, look to be sharp. If that is the case, whatever is sharp under the roof could cause holes to open on the membrane and allow water in.

-Michael

X2, Even though I have a 28BHBE, my roof is smooth all the way across and back. I would get it checked out ASAP. Looks like there may be a lot of air bubbles and if that is the case, the air flowing over the roof could cause it to get worse.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #10

The slide on mine was not properly adjusted at the factory and the dealer had to re-adjust it.

Dale
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post

-Michael
+1

That slide seal is definitely not right.

On your roof, it looks like fastener heads poking up through the membrane (well, not technically through yet, but it could happen).

I would bring both issues up to the dealer. The slide would be a priority fix, the roof could probably wait until a more convenient time for you.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote