Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2016, 01:56 PM   #11

Something I have learned over the years is that when I go in with a list of items, there is generally on or two major items and then lots of other little ones. I feel that at times I over emphasize the importance of the major items when talking to a service writer who is making notes and then going to communicate with one or more tech's his interpretation of our conversation. It always seems that somewhere along the line the message breaks down with one or more problems and something ends up not getting taken care of.

Whenever I have multiple problems I take a roll of Blue Tape and I flag every area I can. If there is a missing screw, blue tape. If the thermostat is bad, blue tape. Light doesn't work, Blue tape. Misalingned door, blue tape.

I then type out a checklist or a fix-it sheet. Whatever you want to call it. And I give a copy of it to the service writer and a copy gets posted in the RV.

If your really getting the runaround, sit down with the manager and have him acknowledge each individual item on the list and what the resolution will be.

It makes it that much easier for the technician who has to go in there and fix everything if he can "see" what I see. So to speak.

Maybe it will help.

With that said, sometimes , even though I believe in the principal of warranty and the manufacturers responsibility to take care of the issues... I pick my battles... If I can fix it at home I just take care of it and save the fight for the bigger issues.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #12

That great advice! Thanks!

CaldwellOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Is anyone helping you? Jayco, dealer???
Jayco has twice pawned me off to the dealership even after I had let them know of some issues I was having with them. SO I am currently looking for a different dealership that is within 60 miles of me. So far and with some reluctance and run around, the dealership has fixed most of my issues.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellOne View Post
Jayco has twice pawned me off to the dealership even after I had let them know of some issues I was having with them. SO I am currently looking for a different dealership that is within 60 miles of me. So far and with some reluctance and run around, the dealership has fixed most of my issues.
Very good. At least someone is willing to step up and help.
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #15

Recheck your GFCI and insure that the hot lead and incoming neutral are connected to the correct side of the device. A GFCI will not reset if it is installed backwards. This is a fairly common error.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Very good. At least someone is willing to step up and help.
I probably should elaborate.. my current issues on my list are still not fixed. Im looking for a new dealership. The others were reluctantly fixed by the original dealership. They made me jump through hoops though. 40+ days in the shop so far. probably another 20-40 days to go.