Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #1

Prewired backup camera, Maxxair 7500

Just figured this out, couldn't find in a post so figured I'd share. I have a 2017 Eagle 330RSTS, while installing a backup camera i wasn't able to get power to my camera. I have since figured out in the front storage compartment by the power disconnect switch (tucked above it) is a switch for the camera dedicated power line.
I had already ran my camera like the 2018's through the ID light power lines, so I now need to have lights on for camera to work.
But i did use the dedicated power line to power my MaxxAir 7500 that I installed in the living room area, as the line ran right next to the roof vent, was very convenient and allows power all the time since fan has a remote.
pjhudak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhudak View Post
Just figured this out, couldn't find in a post so figured I'd share. I have a 2017 Eagle 330RSTS, while installing a backup camera i wasn't able to get power to my camera. I have since figured out in the front storage compartment by the power disconnect switch (tucked above it) is a switch for the camera dedicated power line.
I had already ran my camera like the 2018's through the ID light power lines, so I now need to have lights on for camera to work.
But i did use the dedicated power line to power my MaxxAir 7500 that I installed in the living room area, as the line ran right next to the roof vent, was very convenient and allows power all the time since fan has a remote.
I used a different set of wiring up there in that same run to power the same fan in the same 2017 330RSTS TT. I removed the false corner panel in the cabinet over the sofa on the door side of the trailer where I found two sets of black/white 12v wiring for the lighting in that area. Using a voltage meter and a couple straight pins, figured out which were the hot pair and which were the switched pair. Traced the hot pair back to where they pass the vent and tapped into them there.

Same result, different circuit.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #3

On my trailer I need to turn on the running lights. This works nice and allows me to see who’s behind me on the road, then turn off.