Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2019, 04:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan View Post
Great point--it is a good way to screw the dealer if you're into that. I doubt that finance talks to service, so I'm sure it would only hurt you if you were to buy again in say 5-10 years. At that point, who will be there to remember?

Is it screwing the dealer if they're simply sending finance through a bank? I wouldn't think so.

If the was dealer self financed, then yeah it would definitely screw over the dealer. I'd feel a little bad there. But the banks? Wouldn't feel bad at all.
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy1313 View Post
Is it screwing the dealer if they're simply sending finance through a bank? I wouldn't think so.

If the was dealer self financed, then yeah it would definitely screw over the dealer. I'd feel a little bad there. But the banks? Wouldn't feel bad at all.
My understanding is that the "bonus" the dealer gets if you finance through them (i.e., their bank) comes at the end of a 30, 90, or XX day period from the bank to the dealer. If you pay it off on the trip home, at no penalty to you, the dealer loses its "bonus". Hence the dealer will tell you that you need to stay with the bank for 30, 90, or XX days so YOU don't get a fine; in reality, the dealer is the only one losing money if you payoff early.

Of course, there can be payoff fees for consumers as well, and I have no idea what percentage of loans follow the above scenario...
Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #43

Well, we're going for the 287bhsw.

Rocky mountain, thermal package, hide a bed, 32" tv, aluminum wheels and the dumb bedspread.

$23,186.32 out the door, all fees and taxes includes.

I think I did okay. We'll see when I go to pick it up. Hopefully it's in perfect condition.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #44
Site Team

Enjoy your new trailer.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #45

Congrats! Good for you. Pulling the trigger sooner than later is a smart move heading into the season. I think you made a great deal. Have fun and good luck.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #46

Thanks guys!!! I'll post up when/if I actually pick it up. Made the refundable holding/down payment deposit over the phone though, so for the time being, its ours!

Now I need to figure out what to bring for picking it up, itll be a 2 day trip since I've got kiddos, so we'll be possibly camping in it the first night!!! Loading up the generator for sure. Lol
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #47

Quote:
Well, we're going for the 287bhsw.

Rocky mountain, thermal package, hide a bed, 32" tv, aluminum wheels and the dumb bedspread.

$23,186.32 out the door, all fees and taxes includes.

I think I did okay. We'll see when I go to pick it up. Hopefully it's in perfect condition.
It looks like you did great, with an MSRP of $33,436 and shipping costs, I would say you are in the 37-39% off range. Enjoy the new trailer!
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnFlamingo View Post
It looks like you did great, with an MSRP of $33,436 and shipping costs, I would say you are in the 37-39% off range. Enjoy the new trailer!
Thank you thank you!!!!

Only thing now is... should I get a professional to inspect it with me?

I saw someone mention that somewhere in the forum, but cant seem to find the link.

Is it worth getting someone? What happens if the find something, dealer discount or likely just they'll repair it?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #49

2019 Jayflight 28BHS Ordered

We just ordered a Jayflight 28 BHS. With the options we chose, the MSRP was $35,451.....we got it for $22,750. The dealer is only 30 miles from home, and they were great to work with.
Brisan0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #50

That sounds like a great deal!!! We really liked everything about that model except for the door being right next to the bunks my 2 and 4 year old will be sleeping in. So we opted for the reverse with the door in the bathroom.

Congrats!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #51

Just thinking what a wonderful gift you two are giving your children--so many years of happy memories instilling a love of the outdoors will last them a lifetime! Congrats!
Kate Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #52

we have the 2017 version (non RM edition) and we paid a little less than 20K for it back then, it's about to have it's second birthday and we are still pleased with it.
It's our first TT and we spent 5 days at a 6 day RV show looking at floor plans and the like.
We just went back to the same show a week back and while we're not ready to upgrade, we want to be well versed when we see something that is a noticeable upgrade.
We didn't see anything that much better for the $$ than what we have. All TTs and floor plans are a compromise, ours still works for us.
Good luck and enjoy it!
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #53

Same unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by veafer View Post
Our 2018 SLX 265rls came in at about $21,000. We were very pleased. That was tax, title and NO PDI charges, or at least not shown as an add on to the final price. 33% off the MSRP, which is about standard. We did look at several other campers at other dealerships, but Jayco was just the right choice for us since we already owned one. We received book value on our trade. Very pleased with our dealer, Camper Country out of Myrtle Beach, SC. only Jayco Dealer within about 250 miles. Love the camper. Going to be a perfect fit for our upcoming retirement.

$20000 OTD complete. Dealer 40 miles away didn’t take that offer first. we walked. They called 10 days later. We bought it. Dealer in Orlando about 180 miles away $500!less. Did not take it.
So there you go.
Grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #54

We paid 16200.00 for a 2019 267bhs. Purchased at the end of November in Greencastle PA. Did not OP for any of the extended warranty, etc. Another 800 for a WDH.
Dodgerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #55

Quote:
We also have a chance to possibly pay cash (from an inheritance). Wasnt sure if for trailers if it's better to offer cash or finance (then pay off)
We paid cash. I think the only thing that gave us was leverage to walk away, which we did from CW, over $100. Saved a couple grand by doing so, though we had to drive from Spokane to Missoula to Rangitch Bros. My wife is merciless in negotiations. They included the brake switch and sway bar which would have been extra at CW.
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan View Post
Great point--it is a good way to screw the dealer if you're into that. I doubt that finance talks to service, so I'm sure it would only hurt you if you were to buy again in say 5-10 years. At that point, who will be there to remember?
number one they won't remember number 2 you will be lucky to see any salesman that lasted 5 years or more... and they really don't care... as long as they are getting your monies... they don't have that long term memory.. I think in most states there can be no pre-payment penalty...now, who you finance it through may have something in the fine print so read that or just ask...and get it in writing and signed by you and the dealer...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #57

As mentioned, go on Jayco.com, build your unit, you’ll have the list pricee, add 1,000 or so for transportation. Kinda figure 30-35% off list . Some will chime in that they got more, but those are the exception. Keep the importance of the dealer in mind. Spending an additional 1k for peace of mind w a local dealer will go a long ways.
Good luck,
Enjoy!
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #58

I would gladly have paid 1k more to stay local. But our local dealer, well just the one salesman working with me ended up being a total jerk, trash talking every other dealership and trailer brand. He also couldn't come within 2,500.

I probably could have asked for a different salesman, but they also told me by buying from them, they'll guarantee scheduling service issues within 3 weeks, but if I buy somewhere else they might not be able to get me in for 3 months. They put people on a waitlist and push them back if they didn't buy there.

I found that kind of sad that it could take 3 weeks for service to begin with, is it normally that long to begin with???
Old 03-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #59

Quote:
I would gladly have paid 1k more to stay local. But our local dealer, well just the one salesman working with me ended up being a total jerk, trash talking every other dealership and trailer brand. He also couldn't come within 2,500.

I probably could have asked for a different salesman, but they also told me by buying from them, they'll guarantee scheduling service issues within 3 weeks, but if I buy somewhere else they might not be able to get me in for 3 months. They put people on a waitlist and push them back if they didn't buy there.

I found that kind of sad that it could take 3 weeks for service to begin with, is it normally that long to begin with???

Yep. It’s usually pretty bad. I took my new trailer in with a list of problems to my local CW. I bought from another CW so they told me I’m on the back burner. It’s been there for six weeks just to look at what I told them was wrong with it. They said I can pick it up next week. Now they will send the work order to Jayco and once Jayco approves the warranty work I have to bring it back for the actual fix. Ha.

Long story short if it’s something you can do yourself, just do it. I had a few major concerns so that’s why they have it.

2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.4L
TonyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:18 PM   #60

Hahaha. I kinda got the impression that unless you can find a rare, awesome service place, the touted "2 year warranty" is pretty much a joke unless you dont mind spending camping season without a trailer.