Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy1313 View Post
Hey everyone. New to the site, I tried searching but didn't see what I was searching for.

I am on the verge of possibly buying a 2019 SLX 267bhsw, "rocky mountain edition." Possibly this weekend. Possibly today. Lol

I am hoping to get some insight what others paid for either this or similar models. I hope this isn't an off limits topic, as I was surprised there wasn't a thread already on it.

The one we're looking at is advertised at $25k, with a listed MSRP of $34k. I was hoping to see if anyone has successfully negotiated for under $20k.

I'm a pushover in negotiations so if I know it's been done it'll help my confidence in demanding/requesting a better price.

Thanks in advance.

Also... I understand the logic of buy it and love it... But with just having our third child, we'd like to love the price as well, and it's been hard finding a used one in decent shape at a reasonable price.
The MSRP on our 2017 Jayflight 23RB was $24,159 and I paid $17K (29%) out the door which included all add on charges such as tax, prep, destination, etc. I found early on in our search that using an out the door price was the easiest way to negotiate. I had done a lot of research before our purchase and 30% below MSRP seems to be a fairly consistent number.
F250dieseldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by veafer View Post
Our 2018 SLX 265rls came in at about $21,000. We were very pleased. That was tax, title and NO PDI charges, or at least not shown as an add on to the final price. 33% off the MSRP, which is about standard. We did look at several other campers at other dealerships, but Jayco was just the right choice for us since we already owned one. We received book value on our trade. Very pleased with our dealer, Camper Country out of Myrtle Beach, SC. only Jayco Dealer within about 250 miles. Love the camper. Going to be a perfect fit for our upcoming retirement.
We live in Pawleys Island, about 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach, and have bought several Jayco trailers at Trailcenter RV in Charleston. They’re an exclusively Jayco Dealer, and a medium size Mom and Son operation (literally) with a service department that does good work. Very competitive prices as well.

So Camper Country (been there) is certainly NOT the only Jayco dealer within 250 miles...
RKHengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #63

I really haven’t had that experience. With 2 Jayco trailers in the past 8 years we have had several service issues, and never an undue wait for an appointment. So 3 weeks or more may be the norm, but not my experience.

I fact, we are currently on a short camping trip in FL, and I discovered a broken taillight on my departure check. (We have a 2019 31 QBDS delivered last May). Our dealer is on our way south, about an hour out, gave him a call on the road and stopped to have the tail light replaced, and yes, they had it in stock. Proof that service doesn’t have to be awful.

A plug for the dealer: Trailcenter RV in Charleston, SC, exclusively Jayco.
RKHengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #64

Prices

Any price that someone pays for an RV manufactured by Thor (of which Jayco is now one) is a price paid too much.

I owned a Jayco class C motor home in 1998, when it was still independent. The quality was impeccable. Very few corrections or fixes needed to be done.

I bought an ACE, a Thor product which had a list a mile long. It took several visits to the dealership and repairs were not always done the first time.

There was a major issue that made my coach unsafe. I had to deal directly with the mfg....and wow, talk about not caring...that was Thor!

Got rid of it....bought a Jayco class A. Lots of repairs needed on this and it was in the shop more than out. Then, I find out that Thor bought Jayco. No wonder quality bad.

There is a lot more detail which I won't go into.
Thor simply doesn't care about you once they've sold the coach. Customer service is non existent.

Save your money and stay at hotels.

Unfortunately, a good quality RV was replaced by a poorly manufactured product when Thor took over.
grandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #65

My 46k MSRP 38BHDS is invoiced to me for 31.6k which was the "show price" from upstate NY. The deal from one of the dealers went bad due to financing, but luckily I was able to have a local dealer match their price. Waiting for my build date Wednesday.
CampinFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #66
tec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
When you sit down with sales after looking it over. Tell the salesperson, “I have $20K in cash. You make it work, or I’ll find someone who will.” Be ready to walk away.
This is especially true with c w, I bought there only because they were the only ones with the model I wanted in a 500 mile radius, and they had a 2018 at greatly reduced price.
tec is offline   Reply With Quote