Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #1

Prices paid?

Hey everyone. New to the site, I tried searching but didn't see what I was searching for.

I am on the verge of possibly buying a 2019 SLX 267bhsw, "rocky mountain edition." Possibly this weekend. Possibly today. Lol

I am hoping to get some insight what others paid for either this or similar models. I hope this isn't an off limits topic, as I was surprised there wasn't a thread already on it.

The one we're looking at is advertised at $25k, with a listed MSRP of $34k. I was hoping to see if anyone has successfully negotiated for under $20k.

I'm a pushover in negotiations so if I know it's been done it'll help my confidence in demanding/requesting a better price.

Thanks in advance.

Also... I understand the logic of buy it and love it... But with just having our third child, we'd like to love the price as well, and it's been hard finding a used one in decent shape at a reasonable price.
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #2

In general, discounts are a little over 30%. If your only consideration is price, you might have problems down the road. We purchased our Whitehawk from a small mom n pop operation and couldn’t be happier. They provided us with excellent service, trailer prep and being 15 miles away. Since you stated you are a pushover in negotiations, I would steer clear of the big operations. They could sell you a lot of add-ons (extended warranty, tire and wheel warranties, outside finish protectors, etc). It also helps if you have your own financing walking in. CW gives you a better price if they finance it, but 240 months (12 years) is ridiculous. Good luck in your negotiations and decision.
Tow Vehicle 2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Limited
Cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #3

I guess I could have added. I'm not so much a pushover with the addons. It's more the price if the trailer as it is. I dont get talked into extras

We also have a chance to possibly pay cash (from an inheritance). Wasnt sure if for trailers if it's better to offer cash or finance (then pay off)

Acronyms... lol. What's CW?
Old 02-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #4

-amping -orld. There will be a lot more acronyms on this site.
Tow Vehicle 2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Limited
Cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy1313 View Post

I hope your super familiar with “PDI”
Old 02-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #6

Quote:
I guess I could have added. I'm not so much a pushover with the addons. It's more the price if the trailer as it is. I dont get talked into extras

We also have a chance to possibly pay cash (from an inheritance). Wasnt sure if for trailers if it's better to offer cash or finance (then pay off)

When you sit down with sales after looking it over. Tell the salesperson, “I have $20K in cash. You make it work, or I’ll find someone who will.” Be ready to walk away.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #7

Haha. Yes I got PDI down. Just haven't been around here enough to know many of the rv-related acronyms.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #8

Anybody around willing to share what they paid for around a 25-28bhs/w or similar?

I'll probably try asking 20k out the door, just wondering if anyone else gotten it that low or lower for a brand new trailer
Old 02-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to JOF!

Here is a guide to many acronyms used on JOF and other places.

ttps://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f23/what-do-those-letters-stand-for-acronyms-2676.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #10

Haha. Perfect. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:25 PM   #11

We paid 21 for a standard SLX 267BHS two years ago. It was from a small dealer, so I would think you may be able to do better at a volume seller. However, as others mentioned, the service from my "Mom & Pop" dealer has been great and I would never trade that for 1 or 2K in savings.
K2tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #12

We got our Northpoint 5th wheel for 29.3%, but that was tax, title and tag, hooked to my truck and down the road. Cleaned, prepped, everything.
My mom and dad have bought 2 travel trailers from the same dealer and got one for about the za.e percentage as us and the other one was just over 30%. Both their trailers were tax, title, tag, hooked to the truck and down the road also.
Our dealer is fairly large mom and pop dealer and they do a lot of sales there. Service dept is pretty good. Better than most I've seen. They can always do better. Every service dept can always do better as far as I'm concerned, but we've been happy with the service we got there.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #13

Well, went down there... their posted price is $24,950. They're listed "MSRP" is $35k.

I told them we could do 20k cash, or finance, whatever THEY prefer. They came in at 24k PLUS tax and title, (+$2400).

I would have been fine with 22,000, so countered there. They said they couldn't. So I said, sorry I can't. They tried to stop me 4 times saying I'm not just buying a trailer, I'm buying Jaycos quality, warranty and service.

Funny, 150 miles south in Portland they list the same trailer at an MSRP of 29k, (6k less)

And posted at 22,750.

I wish I could find a Mom and Pop shop that had one. This place they said if I buy from them they guarantee to get it in for service within 3 weeks, but if I buy a jayco somewhere else they'll do service and warranty work, but it may take months to get to. Hahaha.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #14

Compare build sheets. Be interesting to see where $6k worth of options is at.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Compare build sheets. Be interesting to see where $6k worth of options is at.
Yeah she here. Quite a huge difference in MSRP. I shoulda asked for a copy of the build sheet.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:29 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Well, went down there... their posted price is $24,950. They're listed "MSRP" is $35k.

I told them we could do 20k cash, or finance, whatever THEY prefer. They came in at 24k PLUS tax and title, (+$2400).

I would have been fine with 22,000, so countered there. They said they couldn't. So I said, sorry I can't. They tried to stop me 4 times saying I'm not just buying a trailer, I'm buying Jaycos quality, warranty and service.

Funny, 150 miles south in Portland they list the same trailer at an MSRP of 29k, (6k less)

And posted at 22,750.

I wish I could find a Mom and Pop shop that had one. This place they said if I buy from them they guarantee to get it in for service within 3 weeks, but if I buy a jayco somewhere else they'll do service and warranty work, but it may take months to get to. Hahaha.
Go to Jaycos website, choose the model in question and do a "build and price" with the options included. This will give you actual MSRP so you can see if the dealer is blowing smoke. 30% off that figure would be a good deal.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Go to Jaycos website, choose the model in question and do a "build and price" with the options included. This will give you actual MSRP so you can see if the dealer is blowing smoke. 30% off that figure would be a good deal.

Good call. Just did that. With the exception of whatever they charge for "Destination Charge & Dealer Prep Fees," the Jayco sites MSRP came to $30,632.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #18

Our 2018 SLX 265rls came in at about $21,000. We were very pleased. That was tax, title and NO PDI charges, or at least not shown as an add on to the final price. 33% off the MSRP, which is about standard. We did look at several other campers at other dealerships, but Jayco was just the right choice for us since we already owned one. We received book value on our trade. Very pleased with our dealer, Camper Country out of Myrtle Beach, SC. only Jayco Dealer within about 250 miles. Love the camper. Going to be a perfect fit for our upcoming retirement.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #19

Hey, I know it sounds jerky but I made my living on words, so cut me a little slack for this correction.

An acronym is an abbreviation pronounced as a word. CW is an abbreviation, we know that. NASA is an acronym. It's like fingernails on a blackboard.

I think the problem comes from million-dollar a year news people that think the word sounds more sophisticated, educated, whatever you want to call it. So, probably knowing better, they use it. Or misuse it.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Hey, I know it sounds jerky but I made my living on words, so cut me a little slack for this correction.

An acronym is an abbreviation pronounced as a word. CW is an abbreviation, we know that. NASA is an acronym. It's like fingernails on a blackboard.

I think the problem comes from million-dollar a year news people that think the word sounds more sophisticated, educated, whatever you want to call it. So, probably knowing better, they use it. Or misuse it.

Abbreviation. Yes, thank you, I forgot the word for it. Not jerky at all, I hated forgetting the right term. My brain is mush having 3 little ones now. Thanks for relearning me. Haha.